Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Novatec D711sb B15 bearing removal
  • scottleehogan

Hi – wondering if anyone can explain how you remove the bearings from a Novatec D711SB B15 front hub?

I’ve got the end caps off, but the axle seems trapped at both ends by the bearings, so I can’t see a way to drift them out.

Cheers,

Scott

StuE
    Free Member

Hit the end of the axle with a soft hammer,worked for me

lovewookie

what he said^^^

the axle has shoulders on it, which when you whack the axle, drifts the bearing out.

you’ll get the axle out of the hub with one bearing on it so will need to get that off. I use a vice, open the jaws wide enough so you can drop the axle into the gap, but it supports the bearing, then whack the end of the axle to drift the bearing off.

use the axle to drift out the bearing on the other side of the hub and repeat the above to get that off the axle.

scottleehogan

Thanks for the replies, but the axle isn’t whackable: the inner race of each bearing appears to directly rest on the end of the axle.

tjagain

15 mm thru axle? Perhaps you need to knock the sleeve between the bearings off centre to gain purchase on the inner race. Thats how its done on hubs I have

bigyan
    Free Member

What TJ says.

You can normally push the spacer tube to the side very slightly (it will compress the o ring on the spacer tube) enough to catch the edge of the bearing with a punch.

Alternatively a blind puller will work.

Diagram of the hub

http://www.nguide.eu/sites/default/files/mysite/hubs/183/documents/D711SB-B15.pdf

scottleehogan

Cheers fellas – I’d been trying that method as I’ve had a couple of hubs with the same design, but it didn’t move enough. The diagram definitely seems to show the o-rings and space to move it, so a bit more effort required clearly!

scottleehogan

So just to wrap this up: I ended up having to buy a cheap bearing extractor from ebay (£12) to do the job as I couldn’t get the inner sleeve to move over enough. Once I’d done that it was straightforward.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Novatec D711sb B15 bearing removal’ is closed to new replies.