Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nova Scotia riding – route advice and experiences please
  • crispedwheel
    Free Member

I’ve got a trip lined up to Atlantic Canada in the summer, and am planning on taking my bike over. As well have having some days booked in Newfoundland – Gros Morne region, for which the latest mag article is very timely, I’m also spending quite a lot of time in Nova Scotia (Cape Breton for a few days, then in the Halifax/Chester area). Does anyone have any experiences or advice on decent trails in those areas please? Initial online searches bring up a few options, but seemingly no recent guide books to buy (last one published in the late 90s).
    Thanks in advance.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Good question. I’d also be very interested in any suggestions or experiences in this area.

steviep
    Free Member

We were in nova scotia last october about 20k from halifax. From talking to the guys in the local bike shop (bike and bean) the best bet would be road riding. There were not many trails, we hired hybrids and had a nice 50 mile ride along a rail trail and then on quiet roads round a peninsular.

StirlingCrispin

I’ve cycle-toured in NS a few times and really enjoyed it.

On one stay in Wolfville a hill was pointed out to me that had hosted international XC races. I also chatted to a large group of MTBers that had just returned from a night ride in the area.

This was the local shop:
    http://valleystoveandcycle.com/

Maybe they can help.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – StirlingCrispin’s sounds more positive! I’m actually going to a wedding in Wolfville, so maybe I should pack the lights for a post-reception blast. Will get in touch with that shop as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nova Scotia riding – route advice and experiences please’ is closed to new replies.