Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nottingham Riding
  • remedy
    Free Member

Hello,
    Ive recently moved over to Nottingham and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for mtb clubs or if anyone is local who could show me the routes.
    Cheers

abductee
    Free Member

NATS is a local club. There’s not much without a drive in a car but I could show you some extreme towpath / light bridleway. Email in sig

JamesD
    Free Member

I beg to differ…. there’s miles & miles of ace trails in the woods north of the city, all the way from Bestwood to Sherwood Pines.

Conan257
    Free Member

There’s a Sherwood Pines group that meet regularly to ride in that area, it’s not amazing but it’s pretty damn good considering it’s only 36m between the top and bottom…

crofts2007
    Free Member

Link to Sherwood Pines Cycle club below.
    Details on rides and dates when on.
    http://www.sherwoodpinescyclingclub.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=4d9303217d15258b72807561ee67f206

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

James D has it right, theres miles of woods in North Notts around Hucknall, Annesley, Kirkby,Mansfield,Blidworth,Clipstone and Ollerton
    A real plus that I live so close to some great woods
    Dont know about south Notts
    Nothing too technical but good fun all the same
    Matt

vdubber67
    Free Member

+1 re what James said 😀

South of river a bit lighter on trails, but there’s stuff around Gotham,west leake etc

abductee
    Free Member

So would you drive to Sherwood or Gotham and start a ride from there or ride from your doorstep? It can be done but for many would involve some mileage to get there.

mildred

Whereabouts in Nottingham have you moved? I’m Hucknall and know the area quite well.

remedy
    Free Member

Im going to be based Gedling way

ChrisA
    Free Member

I’m up in Mapperley and there is some decent riding on the local bridleways around calverton & southwell from the door.

I’d also say its possible to ride most of the way to Sherwood Pines off road too through Calverton / Samson & Blidworth woods out. Coming back through Annesley would make a full day out.

There is a really strong road scene up in mapperley too if you ride road bikes

goldenwonder
    Free Member

It’s possible to put a big ride if you want to without too much trouble.
    I used to ride with a club from Hucknall through to Clumber & back with no more than half a mile on road.
    From Gedling you can get from Bulcote up behind the Churc, or Burton Joyce up Bridle road into Lambley, Woodborough, Calverton into Blidworth Woods & then as far as you want towards Sherwood Pines & further still if you want.

davetrave
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t bother with an MTB around Gotham and the Leakes – I ride it all on my cross bike. Live south side of Nottingham (Chilwell), it’s devoid of anything that would remotely justify MTB and it’s just too much faff fighting through the evening traffic to get to the north of Nott for Sherwood and the like – I’d rather head across the river on the crosser or go north west toward the Peak on the road bike for a few hours and save the MTB for weekend epics in the Peak than waste the time sat in the car with all the office drones/riding an MTB through endless estates with one eye on the brain dead commuters just to ride Sherwood.

simon1975

It’s all been said above, plenty of riding from your door without too many road miles.

Check out some of our uploads on:
    http://www.justgoride.co.uk

And NATS does Sunday rides, often Peaks but once a month around Notts. I’m leading a ride from Miller’s Dale this Sunday http://www.natsmtb.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nottingham Riding’ is closed to new replies.