Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nottingham offroad for 8yr old…….???
  • splatz
    Free Member

My mate wants to take his son riding offroad in the countryside near Nottingham.

He's done Sherwood Pines and the circuit round Holme Pierrpont a few times and I have suggested Rutland Water and the Tissington Trail in Derbyshire…..

I think he's trying to avoid anywhere too hilly.

iain1775
    Free Member

check the STW trails guide – 3 very good flattish routes on there – 2 at Ticknall nr Derby and one just south of Notts
    Also good stuff around Belper (Chevin) area
    Further afield maybe a loop of Carsington Water or Follow the Dog at Cannock?

mrmo
    Free Member

when at uni, used to ride at Bestwood country park, which may or may not be what you want. but also in the woods out beyond Papplewick? Sansom and Blidworth, there was lots of flowing singletrack, but this was 10 years ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    goldenwonder
    Free Member

There' still riding tobe had in Sansom Wood, but it's not as good as it used to be, although little rat runs in Blidworth are kept open by a fair number of midweek riders.
    Bestwood I don't know much about apart from some epic dirt jumps.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Follow the Dog in Cannock Chase.
    Perfect for an 8yr old.

vdubber67
    Free Member

As per above, you can link Burntstump and Sansom / Blidworth woods together, but you need to know where you're going. The STW route near East Leake is pretty dull, but you can make a bigger loop all the way out from Nottingham itself to include it… The Ticknall route is actually quite good imho. Especially if you include stuff in Robin Wood…

Jeremy
    Free Member

We go to bestwood mostly for xc, otherwise theres riding to be had around hemlock, just west of wollerton park but thats a bit more 'core, dirt jumps etc

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of flattish trails around Shipley Park/Ilkeston/Strelley/Cossall way – flat enough for old codgers, anyway

slowrider
    Free Member

thieves wood has loads of flattish xc, plus the cafe at portland college to park you car pre ride and a cuppa after. either side of the road there is plenty to explore for a young un. can be linked to blidworth, samson, burnstump, bestwood, annesley, moorgreen with minimal road riding.

benjag
    Free Member

the 4X track at Rushcliffe country park is good for a laugh.

splatz
    Free Member

Great repsonse guys….thanks.

vdubber67
    Free Member

benjag – Member

the 4X track at Rushcliffe country park is good for a laugh.

Just round the corner from us…amusing inclusion in night rides 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nottingham offroad for 8yr old…….???’ is closed to new replies.