Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nottingham folk – trams and Goose Fair…
  • the-muffin-man

…we’re off to a gig in Nottingham on Sat night. Normally we’d park at Phoenix Park and get the tram in. But will we get anywhere near as the Goose Fair is on?

Would we be better driving into the centre and parking there? And if so which is the safest car park?

Ta!

alanf
    Free Member

Not sure on trams but expect it to be busy.
    As for car parking, I’ve always used the NCP just past Rock City and it’s been fine.

theboatman
    Free Member

Well, I’ll be parking at Phoenix Park to the tram to the Goose fair. The tram into town stops at Forest Park on Hyson Green which they use to host the Goose a fair, so essentially the tram will stop at the Goose fair, if memory serves me right. Iwould drive in.

joat

If you’re at rock city, Talbot street is the best, and it’s next door. Trinity square is the newest and safe. None are cheap though, prepay and avoid the queues. The cheapest is on the street behind the playhouse and cathedral off Derby road, a couple of quid for the evening depending on how far away, not too far to walk back into town.

the-muffin-man

Thanks!

Can you park in the Crown Plaza Hotel car park?

benman
    Free Member

I would second the suggestion to park on the streets near the playhouse. I think its £2 for the entire evening after 6pm, and only a 5 min walk from Rock City.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nottingham folk – trams and Goose Fair…’ is closed to new replies.