Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Notice of Intended Prosecution
  • sbob
    Free Member

Yep some insurances companies have now cottoned on and have every right to ask if you’ve been on a speed awarness course.

If you failed to disclose this information, how would they find out?

Genuine question, I am not in any way, shape or form recommending the hiding of material facts in a contract of upmost good faith. 😀

sbob
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

Do they normally contact you by email ??

I would have thought they did these things by post normally. Seems a bit odd.

I’m guessing the email was from his employers who would have been given the first NIP and S172 request.

ETA: as the company car will be registered with the company, not the OP. The company will fill in the S172 request to name the driver, then the OP will get his paperwork in the post.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have a feeling that over 36 in a a 30 you wont be offered Speed Awareness training. Pay fine and accept points.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sbob
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member

I have a feeling that over 36 in a a 30 you wont be offered Speed Awareness training.

It varies from county to county.

Pay fine and accept points.

He doesn’t know he’s guilty yet!

Harry_the_Spider

I think the Speed Awareness Course in GMP Land is up to 42mph in a 30. I could be wrong though.

scaredypants

Get on facebook and see if someone’ll take the hit for you

LoCo
    Free Member

I think it’s up to (or was 39 in a 30) as had speed awarness course a few years ago (non residential 30 I might add) 😳
    or
    it’ll should be £60 plus 3 points, as got done a couple of months ago in a 50 at 69 (dual carrageway and on way to see wife and new baby in hospital 😐 ) Both fine now.

uwe-r
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

Do they normally contact you by email ??

I would have thought they did these things by post normally. Seems a bit odd.

I’m guessing the email was from his employers who would have been given the first NIP and S172 request.

ETA: as the company car will be registered with the company, not the OP. The company will fill in the S172 request to name the driver, then the OP will get his paperwork in the post.

Spot on, its like an episode of columbo.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Harry – are you doing the course – maybe we will be on the same one? How exciting?

Harry_the_Spider

Friday April 5th, 8:00 am, Bolton Arena Conference Centre.

mrchrispy

you’ll get the option of a course, deffo.
    I was done at 39 in a 40 near the velodrome. I was sure it was a 40 mph dual carriageway, totall missed the 30 signs plastered everywhere so I was clearly in need to the course. I was happy to do it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely you can just claim your now estranged ex wife was driving. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

footflaps

Surely you can just claim your now estranged ex wife was driving. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

Beaten to it my Flashy!!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Harry – I won’t get on one that quick, enjoy.

Cougar

Speed awareness course for you.

As someone else said, eligibility varies by county. GMP’s, as far as I can tell, is 10%+7, so you’d qualify up to 40mph.

Well I got one in 2001 and paid £195 along with my 6 points (I was doing 107 in a 70 though…)

You were lucky to avoid disqualification.

peterfile
    Free Member

Do they offer speed awareness courses to people picked up by the average speed camera on the M62 (West Yorkshire or Manc)?

It’s a 50 limit due to the roadworks, with 20+ miles of average speed cameras and I read that they caught 11,000 people in 2011.

Surely they can’t be offering all of those who qualify the opportunity of a course???

johndoh
    Free Member

I just got caught doing 45 in a 30 – 3points and £60.

sbob
    Free Member

in reality, if you are notified of a pending prosecution, the accused has the legal right to see all evidence that will be presented to bring the prosecution.

Only when the accused has declined the Fixed Penalty will there be a prosecution pending. 💡

aracer
    Free Member

Why is everybody so keen to use up a day of their A/L sitting being lectured at about how naughty they are? Have any of you ever costed how much a day off work is actually worth in monetary terms?

bigrich

The Cyclists on here will string you up anyway.

what, Cyclists? on a cycling forum? never!

Harry_the_Spider

Have any of you ever costed how much a day off work is actually worth in monetary terms?

Yes thanks. 3 1/2 hours and I’m making it uo with early starts… like today 😐

uwe-r
    Free Member

Got the NIP today as anticipated. You get the link to the website and the log in details so i have seen the photos. I’m bang to rights.

I will get the option of a course as there NIP confirms the options, within limits the course applies as follows: 30 zone max 42, 40 zone max 53, then 64, then 75 upt o 86 for a 70 zone.

Drive slowly kids.

Cougar

10% + 9 then. Their website is wrong.

Cougar

Hold on,

Did the lease company sit on it for a week? NIPs have to be issued within 14 days or they’re not enforceable.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Only the first one

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Notice of Intended Prosecution’ is closed to new replies.