Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nothing but you, the ultimate driving machine and the road ahead.
  • IanW
    Free Member

A goon who bought one of these knocked me of my bike on Friday.
    Not content with driving his ultimate driving machine into me, he got out called me cu next Tuesday and punched me in the ear.

Now I am nearly 50 and haven’t had fisticuffs for a long time but that young fella was fat little tin box dweller who got mullered by an old man and plod agreed with witnesses it was a fair outcome.

Since watching the advert, I can see were he was coming from, BMW seem to be selling the road as well as cars. TBH I am racked with guilt for hitting someone, even though he was a t**t and behaving like one.

Actually reckon the adverts are at fault, I have complained here Advertising Complaints
    and would encourage anyone else to do the same, (even is like me you think the cars are pretty nice).

Just the road isn’t theirs to sell.

chilled76
    Free Member

wouldn’t feel guilty mate, I’d feel quite smug. Sounds like he got what he deserved. I’d personally have pulled his wing mirrors off afterwards too if he’d run me over.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Bravo, sir. 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

anW – Member

Now I am nearly 50 and haven’t had fisticuffs for a long time but that young fella was fat little tin box dweller who got mullered by an old man

😆

Glad you’re well enough to tell the tale and glad there were witnesses for you.
    Hope you get any damage sorted with minimum fuss, and as above, you did nothing wrong so no need to feel guilty, although it’s testament to your character that you do. 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

Pictures or it didnt happen. 😉

Drac

Hope you get well soon but I’m sorry adverts aren’t responsible for idiot drivers.

easygirl

You have complained to the ad authorities because the driver of a BMW has run you over
    I’m sure they will all have a chuckle when reading that one

matt_outandabout

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

You have complained to the ad authorities because the driver of a BMW has run you over
    I’m sure they will all have a chuckle when reading that one

not unusual for car adverts to get banned if they promote irresponsible behaviour…
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/61397/toyota-gt-86-ad-banned

slowoldgit
    Free Member

If the advertisers don’t believe the ads would influence people, why do they spend all that money?

gasyz
    Free Member

Well done that man.Dosn’t matter if he was driving a BMW or a tricycle, he should have shown some respect.These young tw-ts think they own the world.Don’t feel guilty.Be proud.You might make him think next time and stop some other innocent person having his abuse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nothing but you, the ultimate driving machine and the road ahead.’ is closed to new replies.