• This topic has 52 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Note left on “parked” ambulance
  • matt_outandabout

I’m almost in agreement – many folk seem to behave these days as though there are no consequences
    Public humiliation may work…

alpin
    Free Member

Further link on BBC site… Did this one slip t the STW net?

‘Don’t block my drive’ note left on ambulance – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-41953644

Too many idiots in life.

burko73

perhaps the flashing lights were disturbing her watching Jeremy Kyle?

Seriously, this is becoming an issue in society. In the New Forest there are 130 car parks where you can park for free to walk your dog or whatever.

A few months ago, someone in a house half way up a gravel track to one of these car parks collapsed. There are only 3 houses up the track which is half a mile long and leads to a gravel car park with about 15 spaces.

The ambulance turns up, parks on the gravel track outside the house to go and rescusitate the guy in the house as he’s obviously in a bad way. next thing, someone knocks on the door of the house “can you move that ambulance, I’ve got to get to the car park as I need to walk my dog” . The guys daughter has to put up with that as the paramedics are dealing with her dad.

What would you say to that person?

Surely anyone with any modicum of reality would just think, something bad going on here, I’ll turn around and drive 1 mile up the road to the next car park that accesses the same area and park there instead.

Think I’d have gone to town on his car or something bad…

chestrockwell

I’m a firefighter and am often astounded at just how stupid members of the public can be, especially when we are clearly doing busy work.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I absolutely hate the new wave of self entitlement that seems to be infecting this country. How can anyone in their right mind think they are more important that the emergency services responding to an incident??

It’s one of those things that annoys me on a daily basis. As if it’s not demanding enough!

CountZero

What would you say to that person?

Care to hazard a guess?
    I can assure you that there would be little restraint in expressing my opinion of the sort of ****wit whose sense of entitlement and utter lack of sympathy and empathy allows them to behave in such a way.
    I’d also enquire as to the make, model and registration of their car so I’d know which one to have towed away next time it appeared near my home.

DezB
    Free Member

Further link on BBC site… Did this one slip t the STW net?

No, it was posted when it appeared in the news. Hey! Good luck finding it though 😆

bodgy
    Free Member

Let’s hope she never has to call an ambulance to her house.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

No, let’s hope she does.  And also let’s hope the paramedics have learned their lesson, get their priorities right ask her where they should park their van before attending to her.  Might be an idea to get her to come outside and make sure the parking of the van meets her standards.  Absolutely sure? we can move it over there if that would be better.  maybe move it anyway just to be sure, back in a minute etc..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m a firefighter and am often astounded at just how stupid members of the public can be, especially when we are clearly doing busy work.

Those second jobs and charity car washes won’t do themselves will they?

🙂

jimdubleyou

Any charge will most likely come to very little.

fined £120 and ordered to pay £135 costs and a £30 surcharge.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/heres-how-much-abusive-note-1239053

Drac

About 50p week then as she’s on income support.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Note left on “parked” ambulance’ is closed to new replies.