What would you like to do with this car? Give it to Gnusmas!

Home Forum Chat Forum What would you like to do with this car? Give it to Gnusmas!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)
  • What would you like to do with this car? Give it to Gnusmas!
  • Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

Will read the replies in a bit. Just wanted to post my new thread up here.

My turn to help someone in need 🙂

tjagain

Ok – so Chew can get the car from Halifax to somewhere in wales.  Phew.  I dont have to drive down south 😉  How far is Llanbrynmair (near Aberystwyth) to you Gnusmus?

Or is there someone who could Meet chew to hand it over somewhere en route to bristol?  The car is getting closer ( Intheory) allthe time!  Be nice if maarko could run his majic hands over the car and we could get it to bristol

tjagain

chepstow not Bristol!

I hope someone is writing this all down

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Well Llanbrynmair is closer to me.  I’ll discuss it with the Mrs see what I can do.  What’s in Llanbrynmair?  A place the car can be kept overnight etc or does it have to be handed over immediately?

Maybe being dropped in somewhere like Welshpool might work.

tjagain

Spirglom  most kind of you sir  Hopefully you can make something work.  You need to speak to chew but IIRC he is there for the weekend

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

What about Kennyp – he offered to drive the whole way?

pk13

Don’t get to post here to often but donation added. Well done all.

tjagain

What about Kennyp – he offered to drive the whole way?

couldnt do it for 2 0r 3 weeks.  How far is it from you?

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

SammyC – that is extremely generous of you, thank you. Not something the kids have ever had before so they would probably appreciate it. If it kept them quiet, i would appreciate it. It’s also more humane  than a muzzle, cage and a taser to keep them quiet!

Llanbrynmair is about 2 and a half hours from me, probably easier and closer to get it straight to Chepstow area.

This is looking to be an epic road trip for the little yaris. Pics and a blog of sorts is definitely needed.

Chew

Was planning on riding the BB200, this weekend, which starts in Llanbrynmair.

Quite easily leave it near to there, with a friend for a week or so.

Thats all subject to change with the forecast for Saturday.

Will check in the morning, and if its still bad, i’ll be binning that off so have a free weekend for a road trip. can leave it anywhere on the train line between Llandrindod and Manchester, or somewhere else random and just ride home….

SammyC

I’ve kind of lost who is going where and when, but if the car doesn’t go via Bristol then PM me your address and I’ll post them over.

andrewh

I’ve lost track too. Is it definitely being collected early tomorrow morning?

Still a week of insurance left but after that things may get trickier.

It has had a wash and a hoover though 🙂

tjagain

I thought someone was writing it all down

the plan is I’ll pick it up from Andew thursday morning at whatever time is convenient.  I drive it to chew in halifax and get the train home.  Chew rives it somewhere wales ish on friay and is there for the weekend and blags a lift home.  We are still needing someone to get it from Chew to somewhere near chepstow  So mid wales to south wales.  Molgips is checking with his boss to see what he can do to help

I am hoping someone can liase with chew to make the last bit seamless

andrewh

Could you just confirm with Mrs H please TJ? She was asking about it.

Will send the reg doc and things down with it. There’s a spare key if that helps with transfers from one person to another.

Marko and I were discussing tax/SORN/insurance etc, should be OK for a while.

Chew

Righto

I’m all set up to get the car from TJ when he can deliver it to Leeds/Halifax.

I can then drive it down to Chepstow to hand over to Marko on the Saturday, if that works for him?

Probably going to turn it into an proper adventure and then ride back home with a massive talewind.

Any offers of a sofa to kip on Saturday night greatly appreciated. (half way home would be ace)

Premier Icon Ambrose
    Subscriber

So—

Tomorrow TJ will collect the car and docs etc from Mrs andrewh.

TJ drives car to Halifax, drops car with Chew and then returns home by train. No nosebleeds we hope.

On Saturday Chew will drive the car to Chepstow and hand it over to Marko who will work his mechanical magic as and when he can.

Chew will then return (somehow) to his place.

When the car is ready, I’ll drive Gnusmas to collect it from wherever it may be in South Wales at that time.

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

Great work folks. Lobbed in a donation for anything appropriate along the way – insurance, fuel, fares or a well earned pint.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Chew – I am in Bristol Saturday for a wedding and driving back to Sheffield Sunday morning if that’s of any use at all?

drop me a line if it is.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

So I’m no longer needed?

Premier Icon Ambrose
    Subscriber

spirglom, maybe you can help get the Yaris a bit closer to Cardiff once it’s been titivated by Mark?

tjagain

Not needed for phase one spirglom 😉  We still will need phase two – chepstow to gnusmus at some point.

Hopefully chew has managed to contact Marko direct

Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

If it helps, I live about halfway between Chepstow and Cardiff and would love to help out for phase 2 if I can…

Chew

@Dannybgoode – That would be amazeballs…

Sent you an email. Mines in my profile

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I could pick it up from Chepstow easily enough and take it westwards however far is needed.

jonnyboi

Just realised I have two genuine yaris wheeltrims in the garage if the gnusmobile is missing any?

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

@Chew – replied.  We’ll sort it…

SammyC

I’m just checking, and this may not be a thing anymore, but this Yaris does have front headrests doesn’t it? The DVD players clamp onto these.

andrewh

It does indeed have front headrests, and rear ones too, it’s remarkable the level of standard equipment you get in these things.

Jonnyboi, it does have all four wheel trims present and correct but I kerbed it and broke one of the ‘spokes’ on one of them and the rest are all scuffed, if yours are better that would make it look much nicer. PM Marko and figure out where to send them.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

So, Fadda for Chepstow to Cardiff or nearby, me to Ambrose near Swansea isn’t it? Then Ambrose to do the last leg to Carmarthen. Sound ok?

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

Ambrose suggested he would bring me down to collect the car from Cardiff way somewhere. I don’t mind which way things happen, happy to go with the flow as they say.

If we did come down to pick it up one evening maybe it could turn into a STW meet up somewhere possibly? Would be nice to meet others, after all that had been done for us over the past couple of years.

poolman

Well done everyone,  re the rear headrests we took ours off ages ago, i think the rear seats are easier to fold flat without them.  Also, someone pinched the factory wheeltrims so put some zip ties on them to secure them.  We just put cheap generic ones on after.  Welcome to the stw yaris club….

andrewh

Nice one Jonnyboi, we looked after it mechanically but never bothered with the cosmetic stuff so this will be a rare treat for it. Oil changes have far outnumbered washes!

Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

Yep – I’m happy to get it to molgrips one evening, when it’s ready…

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

If we did come down to pick it up one evening maybe it could turn into a STW meet up somewhere possibly? Would be nice to meet others, after all that had been done for us over the past couple of years.

Sounds good. Bikes or no bikes?

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

That would be good!

Let me know if I can be of any help. I’m in Swansea city centre and am working in Caerphilly and Cardiff Bay for a couple of days next week.

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

Honestly hadn’t thought of bikes, but can be arranged. As long as one of my friends isn’t working, there is someone to have the kids so I can do this. Nearer the time i am sure something will be arranged by someone.

If bikes are involved, please bear in mind, due to extremely excessive comfort eating over the past few months, i am now a lot bigger than I have been in years. I am trying to curb this, combined with trying to get out cycling in the mornings to get fit and lose weight.

Premier Icon Ambrose
    Subscriber

Simple then- you ride the bike to Chepstow where we will meet you in the pub.

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

I’ve been travelling for a week and came back to see this thread. What a great thing to do. Donated.

Premier Icon rockthreegozy
    Subscriber

Fundraising!

Great total so far, lets keep it going if we can!

Marko and Chew (and anyone else who incurs costs on the great Yaris adventure) please do PM me and let me know how much ££ and I will take some of the money raised and get it to you. I’m hoping there will be plenty to round but as many have said it would be nice to cover some of the insurance cost for Gnusmas.

If anyone wants to donate you can do so here https://www.gofundme.com/wheels-for-gnusmas

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.