Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Not very smart – smart watch that can change faces
  • As per recent Smart watch thread -i’m after a ‘smart watch’ that isn’t very smart as I carry my Iphone with me when out hiking/riding for Strava/OS mapping etc.

However Id like a watch that I can change the faces on and do heart rate – it doesnt need to do anymore than that. It does need to be round as a I prefer analogue watches.

The Huawei GT at £89 looks perfect with its 2weeks battery life but it isnt very well supported via IOS and cant change downloaded faces.

Anything else available?

Flaperon

When you say “change the faces” do you mean “make your own”? The Huawei watches come with about 15 as stock and more can be downloaded.

IIRC it’s possible to use a photo as a watch face.

either make my own because i’m fussy about watch faces or download/change.

The Huawei would have been perfect – decent battery and hopefully decent build quality so wouldn’t be landfill in a year or so, however its not possible to add additional faces via the IOS app

I have a Huawei smartwatch (it’s very good) and changed the face with an add on app, not the software that came with it.

Mines android based but suspect the same maybe true on Ios.

James

The Amazfit GTR is looking pretty good for what I’m after, decent battery, heart rate and 3rd party IOS apps for changing the faces.
    Does anyone have experience of them?

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/amazfit-gtr/3

Premier Icon tomcrow99
    Subscriber

I’ve got an Amazfit Bip. Really great little gadget. Dead cheap, battery lasts weeks. Amazfit software (on android) is ok, basic smart functions and compatible with strata, which is enough for me. HR monitor isn’t great though when riding.

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

The Amazfit GTR is looking pretty good for what I’m after, decent battery, heart rate and 3rd party IOS apps for changing the faces.
    Does anyone have experience of them?

Yes, I’ve had the GTR for six weeks now. My first and only smartwatch and I’m immensely please with it!

I’d had my eye on the T-Rex that STW reviewed a few months ago but gave up on waiting for it to arrive in the UK, and I’m glad I did as I think the GTR looks better I now think – I think they’re the same inside anyway. The leather (or faux leather?) strap was on the short side; I have large wrists and it was on the last hole so I spent all of £6 on a silicon strap to arrive from China – much longer. Also bought some tempered glass screen protectors on Amazon.

Battery life is amazing; I think I’ve onlt charged it twice now. I don’t use it all its functions all the time as you need to enable both Bluetooth and GPS on your phone for them to work; my understanding is that this is common to many a smart watch.

The GPS is better than I’d anticipated and I now use it to record rides rather than the Garmin Edge or Strava on the phone. Synchs perfectly.

Oh, and changing faces is so easy. Not that I do as I found one I liked and have stuck with it!

Thanks for the info 👍

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.