Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Not very interesting facts relating to you job.
  • mugsys_m8

I need to raise the seawall to 11.95mAOD so that the ballast from the railway is retained and that there is sufficient ‘freeboard’.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Out of a wing population of 176, 58 are on Methodone.

willard

I have found the joy of pivot tables and charts, and now can’t help but use them for the most trivial tasks.

Four years of uni and a career in technical software testing and IT security comes to this…

porterclough
    Free Member

I’ve submitted 82 checkins to our version control system so far this calendar year, if you include branch integrations.

epicyclo

I was sent out to buy a new electric kettle for the British Rail booking office in 1969

willard

Even more boringly, I have sent three more e-mails today than my normal daily average of 34. Interestingly, my current total of mails sent is at the same level as last week, even though it’s a thursday today and I was out two days last week.

I hate Excel.

longweight
    Free Member

The beam angle of a lamp or luminaire is defined as half the peak intensity

crispybacon
    Free Member

Icefresh Cod was £146 per 27Kg unit in April 2007 🙂

willmalein
    Free Member

Non-human animals adopt the first moving thing they see when they’re born as their primary carer, whether it’s their mother or not.. whatever they chose influences sexual attraction later in life….

sq225917
    Free Member

Balance Kiteboards 2009 line up uses a core structure comprised of a mixture of end grain CNC wood laminate, Airex foam and Nomex Honeycomb.

eth3er
    Free Member

The Micc cable I’ve just run a lighting circuit in will operate up to a temperature of 1083°C but that will reduce the life of the cable, not that it’ll matter as the fitting would have burnt out by then, so in fact will the house.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

There seems to be more chiefs than indians where I work..

ton

a 1.5 meter satellite dish costs £125 + vat.
    it will pull in nilesat…….. 😉

will
    Free Member

I just finished being taught any information for 1 year, 4 months and 23 days.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Three hours of medication administraion training beginning in the middle of the day does not a happy dan make.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Thursday has become the new Friday !!!

geoffj

Tomorrow’s business travel will include 4 trains, 2 ferries, 2 cars and 1 van

jwr

Our Lockheed Martin Gradiometers are accurate to one part in 10^11.

-j

longweight
    Free Member

Is it just me or are some of these facts interesting?

joe1983
    Free Member

Shreddies consist of four laminations, this was very difficult to achieve due, obviously, to low temperature delamination. The standard used to be three laminations.

geoffj

Shreddies consist of four laminations, this was very difficult to achieve due, obviously, to low temperature delamination. The standard used to be three laminations.

I think you’ll find that they are knitted by grannies in Scotland!

tang
    Free Member

while entertaining always stand when you serve a lady wine. and always address a countess as ‘lady…’.

m0nster2
    Free Member

According to FMVSS104:
    A minimum of 94% of zone B needs to be cleared by the wipers on every vehicle sold.
    The top extents of Zone B are derived by projecting the planes described in SAE J942 onto the vehicle windscreen. The side extents are 25.4mm (1″) from the Apost blackout.

spooky_b329

If I park in a traffic sensitive street and display a blue arrow or leave my amber beacon on, I put myself and my company at risk of being fined several thousand pounds under the Traffic Management Act.

If however, I just lock the van up with no roadworks guarding but still causing the same obstruction, I merely become liable for a parking ticket as my vehicle is no longer part of my work site 🙂

Incidentally, I can also be fined £500 for neglecting to wear a hi-vis jacket whilst working in the vicinity of the carriageway.

mrchrispy

we only have one application server guy and he probably has the work of about 4 people to do over the next couple of months.

anyone know Oracle AS 10.1.3 or 10.3?

Nico
    Free Member

Office 2007 is incomprehensible in a human lifetime.

DrJ

They only requested the depth volumes so I have to wait and do nothing till the time volumes arrive.

Which is fine by me, in fact.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sq225917 – Member
    Balance Kiteboards 2009 line up uses a core structure comprised of a mixture of end grain CNC wood laminate, Airex foam and Nomex Honeycomb.

*Hijack*
    any good deals for a fellow STWer?
    */Hijack*

😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

18% of my pupils will unwittingly traipse off to the technicians lab for “a long stand”.

The cleaners are stealing our sugar and John left his soup “defrosting” in the microwave for a fortnight over the Easter holidays. The staff base is beginning to smell better now.

snowslave

Today I went on a course in that London. At Marble Arch tube exit, I walked up to someone I thought I recognised from work, slapped him on the back, said “hiya mate, didn’t know you were on this course too?”. He turned round, and it wasn’t anyone I knew at all, but by a freak of coincidence he WAS on the same course as me anyway and we both spent all day pretending we knew each other – which was nice but kinda weird too.

lister

the new canoe trailer, designed by an ‘expert’ has struts that are about 2 inches too short, so a canoe cannot slide on from the back, without falling off at it’s widest point.

which requires a whole new way of getting cold, wet 11 year olds to load the bloody things 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the Yamaha LS9 desk will not run successfully for more than a couple of seconds if the Word Clock is set to SPDIF in.

timber

By fitting 3/8″ chains to our 357XP’s, we have exceeded the 20m/s protection of our trousers, but like you ever catch your leg at full power, not that you’d want to, you will never see so much fluff wedged in a machine

also, we just broke the splitter tooth off the technorton bench, with the Ford 3000, thought it was too under pressured, unlike the unimog which used to eat them, even with reduced flow valve

theotherjonv

The deadline for REACH registration could be 2010, 2013 or 2018, depending of course on the the volume you are registering.

But i guess you all knew that anyway.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ooh i like unimogs

[FUNCTIONAL]

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

as part of my work i am party to thousands of not very interesting facts about hundreds of different companies. unfortunately i can’t remember a single one

theotherjonv

also: negotiating allocation of costs for the data requirements for the abovementioned registrations with Italian colleagues is a pain in the arse because they will never commit to anything.

But the lunch, as always, was excellent.

Just back from a day trip to Milan, left home 5am, back 9pm now off to bed. And you think teachers with their 4 hours of marking a night have it hard. Boohoo.

Stoner
    Free Member

timber – can I have your job?

ton

russian blokes who get cut in a knife fight stitch their own wounds up.

molgrips
    Free Member

Timber – I know someone that worked for technorton for a while. Small world 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Not very interesting facts relating to you job.’ is closed to new replies.