• This topic has 57 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by GHill.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Not sure that I deserved that!
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Blimey – that story has put me off helping idiots who ride into trees.

Hope its your bag that’s been found.

hooli

Well done for stopping and sorting the bloke out, hopefully your bag has been handed in somewhere.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Well done you for helping the lad,
    Hope you get the bag back.

scandal42
    Free Member

What a strange conclusion to arrive at.

Of course, you had better hope that you are never that Idiot.

matt_outandabout

It just reinforced to me why I never get separated from my bag.

spawnofyorkshire

Big pat on the back OP, you really did the right thing and i hope that your mobile workshop that’s better equipped than my LBS bag turns up

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Firstly, thanks for the offers of spares and / whiprounds. I appreciate it.

Secondly thanks to the guy who rescued it from potential thieves. I hope to collect it tonight. As I have go back to unlock the guys bike…..

Not sure of how the bloke came off….it looked like a clipped pedal and then stump in to face….but that is guesswork.

The ambulance arrived first then 40mins later a vehicle with a Polaris aboard to gain access….it was quite an event!!

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Well done, I hope you get your bag back.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside*

*could be wind

DezB
    Free Member

Big pat on the back OP

no need to rub it in 😉

farm-boy

I had a similar experience a couple of years back. after resuming my ride having packed the unfortunate rider and what was left of his chin in to an ambulance and having my bag stolen, the frame on my beloved Rock lobster snapped. I’ve had better days but not many better bikes.

DaRC_L

well done OP and hopefully you’ll have your bag back tonight 🙂

cheez0
    Free Member

First rule of first aid.

look out for yourself first. That includes not leaving your stuff with total strangers.

Admirable stuff though, hope you get your kit back.

Speshpaul

Good work, well done and having been on the receiving end of the help of strangers when I broke my leg, thank you.

lerk
    Free Member

Well, was it your bag???

lerk
    Free Member

Well the suspense is killing me!

chakaping
    Free Member

Was not expecting such pedantry.

And that was your biggest mistake.

But seriously, good work and I hope it’s reaffirmed your faith in human nature now that you’re happily reunited with your bag.

I’ve previously had a backpack I left on the street returned to me via a friend, weeks later, when a resident stopped him and asked if he knew whose it was.

Also a complete stranger returned my £350 smartphone after I dropped it in on a trail in the Lakes.

🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

Hope it’s your bag. Well done for helping someone out, I’m sure they really appreciate it.

If someone did steal your bag, it would add moral contrast to the situation between the twattery of the thief, and kindness of a guy who helped a stranger! Extra karma for you! 8) *

(* that’s a very loose silver lining I know!)

GHill

Well done for helping out.

Should similar happen again, the Forest Holidays site is just round the corner from the red trail and there would be first aid help there.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Not sure that I deserved that!’ is closed to new replies.