Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • 2021 Stage Racing thread
  • Premier Icon theotherjonv

WTF! Lost hold of the bars?

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

what a race! what a climb! looked like he changed gear just before starting the sprint so didn’t have enough grip on the hoods :/

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Premier Icon didnthurt

G really prone to falls, it’s amazing he managed to win a grand tour. Hopefully he’ll have a good TT tomorrow and wins the race. 🤞

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

from that pic ^ he looks fortunate not to break his wrist.

Premier Icon weeksy

G really prone to falls

When was the last time before today?

Premier Icon stevious

G really prone to falls

When was the last time before today?

Giro last year – water bottle under the wheel in the neutral roll-out.

I don’t know if he crashes more than other riders, but he does seem to get involved in notable ones. Anyone remember the time Warren Barguil smacked him into a telegraph pole?

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

couple of them have been bad luck, the infamous bottle and the police motorcycle. He’s pretty tough though riding with a broken hip.

Premier Icon slowoldman

Well it’s one way to avoid wearing the organiser’s skin suit for today’s TT.

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Free Member

How many miles/km per year do the pro’s ride then?

Premier Icon eddie11

Off the top of my head that’s 3 tours, 2 giros, Flanders, MSR, olympics, suisse couple of smaller races he’s crashed out of. The surprise is anyone is still suprised but yesterday’s was special even for him.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

How many miles/km per year do the pro’s ride then?

Depends, but most will do time (Alex Dowsett’s channel has shown some training rides where he generally rides to time with a target for a number of efforts within it) at say 20-25 hours per week, rather than a fixed distance.

That works out at probably 2500km / month maybe so i.r.o 25-30,000 per year allowing for off season / a grand tour where they can do 3-3500km in 3 weeks

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

he managed his first win since 2018 tdf (cementing his position as the Odious team leader for this years showdown)

Premier Icon slowoldman

Depends, but most will do time (Alex Dowsett’s channel has shown some training rides where he generally rides to time with a target for a number of efforts within it) at say 20-25 hours per week, rather than a fixed distance.

STRAVA shows Alex has done just over 9000 km, 303 hours, 113000 m climbing so far this year.

In other news I noticed Geraint shaking out that right hand part way through today’s TT.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

so that’s 2250km/mo, and an average of 75 hours/mo of which part is off season – but where did an Essex lad find 113000m of climbing 😉

Premier Icon slowoldman

Andorra. Where he lives.

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

he has a utube channel called Thighs Club if your interested

Premier Icon didnthurt

Delighted for G’s win today.

This season is really shaping up to be something special.

Premier Icon didnthurt

Who’s going to win the Giro?

Premier Icon slowpuncheur

Who’s going to win the Giro?

Thomas has a good chance if he can stay upright – which given the weather in northern Italy at this time of year, isn’t a given. It’s a decent field of up and coming riders, nearly men or those in the autumn of their career and only a few GT winners able to win again. Not sure where Bernal sits but fitness is a massive unknown. Simon Yates has the team, experience and a good bit of form.

It’ll be fascinating to see how Evenepoel goes as he hasn’t raced this year at all. Carthy looked a bit short at the Tour of the Alps but building form nicely. Mikel Landa will of course, flatter to deceive. Molema will lose time early on and look better as the race goes on and finish top 10 -just.

The Giro does tend to throw up a surprise so I’m going to stick my neck out and say Mani Buchmann.

Premier Icon stevious

Thomas has a good chance if he can stay upright

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that Geraint THomas has approx 0% chance of winning the Giro this year:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/analysing-ineos-grenadiers-giro-ditalia-long-list/ 🙂

There’s a thread specifically about the Giro here:

Giro 2021

Premier Icon slowpuncheur

Doh. Suppose he has to get on 2 wheels first.

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Free Member

Thanks @theotherjonv and @slowoldman for answering my q, the numbers are mind-boggling!

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

crazy motocycle @ the Algarve !

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

becoming a young mans sport…..

https://twitter.com/VoltAlgarve/status/1390373123095207937

Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

It’s ok Wout Chicks dig scars

Premier Icon weeksy

Froome seems really positive 🙂 i like that… As with my thoughts this year for Cav, i’d just like to see Froome battling again, just once or twice for now to give him that push back in it… but i don’t think he needs more positivity 🙂 he’s got loads 🙂

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

bad luck lad! valiant effort

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

LOL @ dauphine….Brian “I’m not saying Geraint crashes, well yeah I am saying Geraint crashes on occasion”

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

MvdP has chosen the white shorts (and it’s raining 8( )

Premier Icon oikeith

Is there a good website which lists all the road races on? Hadnt realised there was still some racing left before the TDF!

I’ve looked before but can only usually find half the picture via the UCI site then a lot of articles written to gain hits which lack on actual content!

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

pro cycling stats

fun stage that!

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

boom!

Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

That sprint today, OMFG, how easy!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.