Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • 2021 Stage Racing thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

MVdP…god I love him!

Klunk
    Free Member

it also poses the question (again) is Roglic’s daredevilry > his bike handling ability ?

anagallis_arvensis

What happened with Roglic?

Klunk
    Free Member

we didn’t see but he was flashing a lot of buttock.

anagallis_arvensis

He is usually a pretty good bike handler I thought. Not caught up with Paris Nice today. Too busy marvelling over MVdP

stevious

Thanks for starting this thread A_A. Can we change the title to something more useful like 2021 stage racing please?

Back on topic – MvdP’s ride today was something else. So rarely do you see someone go that deep.

anagallis_arvensis

Can we change the title to something more useful like 2021 stage racing please?

Not anyway I know of!

slowoldman

Though Pog nearly caught him!

stevious

Not anyway I know of!

You did it anyway. Magic!

Back to the races: Really cool to see Roglič congratulating Schachmann on the line today.

I suspect he’ll be remembered better for the races he’s lost than the ones he’s won (which is a crazy amount of races). I find him quite hard to warm to as a personality most of the time, but he’s an incredible sportsperson.

I also can’t stop thinking about MvdP crossing the line today. I felt traumatised just watching it.

knackered

nbt

Mark Wahlberg Primoz Roglic apparently went down twice – one major fall before the coverage started, then another one while chasing back on. I really admire him for chasing all the way to the line and not sitting up once it became obvious that he wasn’t goning to get back on. That’s proper respect for the race that is

oikeith

I’ve really been enjoying watching the highlights of Paris – Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico have found the commentary a little thin though with the post race chat almost pointless on eurosport/GCN!

dawson

MvdP was awesome. Hopefully he didn’t go so deep that he is knackered for MSR.

Klunk
    Free Member

some ragged looking tt riding at tireno 😀 a bit ring rusty.

Klunk
    Free Member

Froome looks like he’s struggling at the back of the peleton again @ Volta Catalunya….. Moviestar taking their revenge?

nbt

Strong field in the race this year, very much looking forward to it!

lunge

Froome is done, ISN are paying silly money for someone who’s way past his best, Ineos wouldn’t have let him go if there was a chance he could still win races.

Klunk
    Free Member
    slowoldman

There is a danger that INEOS will end up 1,2 and 3 at the Volta a Catalunya.

paton
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

Froome spat out the back on a 4 percenter :/

nbt

Almeida just went pop, can he hold on to third? So pleased to see Chaves back where he belongs though

Klunk
    Free Member

smiler is back!

slowoldman

smiler is back!

Always good to see.

oikeith

Froome spat out the back on a 4 percenter :/

I’m giving Froomme the benefit of the doubt at the moment, coming back from breaking his neck, femur, elbow, hip and ribs and then the 2020 race season mainly being cancelled due to covid wouldnt have helped anyone! TDF is were you can write him off if he isnt performing.

oikeith

coppi-e-bartali

I cant seem to find this on eurosport, how are people watching this race?

stevious

I cant seem to find this on eurosport, how are people watching this race?

Pretty sure it’s not available in the UK

weeksy

I’m giving Froomme the benefit of the doubt at the moment, coming back from breaking his neck, femur, elbow, hip and ribs and then the 2020 race season mainly being cancelled due to covid wouldnt have helped anyone! TDF is were you can write him off if he isnt performing

I’m not sure how, he’s what now, over a year into recovery ? Surely if you’re going to get it back, you’ll have got there by now. It’s not like he’s getting dropped on the exceptionally tough days, he’s getting dropped on the relatively tame bits of a normal day. Sure he could be just ‘riding to power’ but what’s the point even turning up if you’re not trying? May as well stay in a training camp and ride to power day in day out, there’s got to come a time and a day where you push on a bit, otherwise just give the space to a youngster who’s learning their trade instead on the team that week.

This isn’t me insulting him or saying anything negative as such, but i’m not seeing anything that resembles a comeback at this stage.

oikeith

I’m not sure how, he’s what now, over a year into recovery ? Surely if you’re going to get it back, you’ll have got there by now

Don’t pro athletes build up to events but before the event taper down for freshness?

Klunk
    Free Member

why isn’t Froome riding Basque ? you’d think he need as much competition as possible. it’s kicking off big time 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

bloody fabulous roads they are riding in the tour of valencia, so jealous!

Klunk
    Free Member

tour of the alps looked a bit nuts racing up narrow streets between parked cars!

Klunk
    Free Member

Simon dancing up an Alp and flying down

oikeith

This year must be the most of the pre grand tours I have watched, I am not sure if its a GCN thing but I find the start of each race or first of each tour poor as they never discuss the riders, who are the favourites or previous form, has it always been like this and the type of discussion is saved for the grand tours with their greater production budgets?

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

holy moly Ganna going up 7% in an aero-tuck…. and still didn’t win ! ?)

Klunk
    Free Member

carnage and schoolboy errors @ Romandie

Klunk
    Free Member

keep off the white lines Stefan

Klunk
    Free Member

Froome isn’t going to be riding Tdf at this rate…. rolling in 12 minutes after Alex Dowsett is pretty poor (19 mins off the winning time).

Klunk
    Free Member

looks pretty grim out there today 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Denis does Porte

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘2021 Stage Racing thread’ is closed to new replies.