Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Not-so-long and slack
  • Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

I’m debating putting a slack set in my full sus frame, sizing wise I’m comfy on it but would like to feel a bit more comfortable in my “head” on steeper stuff.

My hardtail is slacker by a couple of degrees but it’s also longer in the reach by about 30mm (25mm if I slackened out the ha by 2 degrees to about the same) stack is broadly similar.

So I guess the question is, how much does longer matter, does it make more of a difference than slacker in terms of confidence, does one not work without the other? Is the bike likely to become unrideable and or spontaneously burst into flames if I put the slack set in?

Stevet1

It will improve it, if you want more stability, don’t need the length as well.
    I like short and slack, but that’s just me.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

Ta

I like short and slack, but that’s just me.

Prefer it as such or just don’t dislike it? If it’s prefer it’s there a reason you can put your finger on?

Stevet1

Well lets just say I don’t dislike it, I think long bikes are cumbersome, and I ike to ride over the rear wheel. My hardtail is a stanton Switchback with a 428mm reach (and a 64 HA or therabouts), I’m 6′ and it feels spot on for the riding I do.
    I also avoid 29″ wheels like the plague.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

Cumbersome sounds about right, can’t say I’m with you on the 29er thing though but that’s probably more to do with being a 29er owner since before 650b was a “thing”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.