Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Not quite bah humbug but when did xmas adverts appear in november
  • compositepro
    Free Member

Slightly annoying but the go compare wishing everyone a peacefull xmas in november just pushed me over the edge.

The worlds gone mad?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Don’t watch TV then?

Klunk
    Free Member

what I want to know is when did buying a sofa become a christmas thing ?

grunty
    Free Member

Personally, I thought the Christmas ads started quite late this year compared to previous years.

convert

About the time tv adverts became a topic for conversation IN THE BIKE FORUM?

Bah humbug to you sir!

compositepro
    Free Member

About the time tv adverts became a topic for conversation IN THE BIKE FORUM?

I click forums on the home page then add new topic

it didn’t give me an option to put it in the chat or bike forum

always thought it just added it to the right one

convert

always thought it just added it to the right one

😀

So you thought the interweb pixies came along gave your text a quick scan for you and discerned if it was bike related or general drivel?!? Now that would be clever!

Look immediately below the box you type your text into – a drop down box helpfully titled “which section” is there with 4 options cunningly called bike forum, chat forum, classified sales and classified wanted.

HTH

mattjevans
    Free Member

Drac

Congrats on your first TV, here’s something you’ve missed.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzzxZRXJPQg[/video]

compositepro
    Free Member

So you thought the interweb pixies came along gave your text a quick scan for you and discerned if it was bike related or general drivel?!? Now that would be clever!

Look immediately below the box you type your text into – a drop down box helpfully titled “which section” is there with 4 options cunningly called bike forum, chat forum, classified sales and classified wanted.

HTH

oh ffs I feel bad now as all my random detritus has been going in the bike forum

Honestly i have never seen that drop down box or maybe i have selective blindness

my apologies but yes i did think there was some forum magic happened just like you mentioned my naivity knows no bounds

convert

🙂

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Better November than october.

Or even the one in September that I properly ranted at several years ago!

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

have you been on mars for the last 10 years? This has been happening pretty much since the dawn of the supermarket… And shops now rely on it.

tommytowtruck

Grunty +1. I normally get wound up by the mega early adverts, but it seems to have started later and generally be more subdued this year.

jekkyl

Don’t watch adverts, they rot the brain. If you have to watch live commercial tele pause it when adverts come on, browse stw forum for a bit then ffwd through them all.

shoggoth
    Free Member

I’ve given up watching most tv these days,it’s utter drivel,
    Don’t even bother with xmas much,beyond putting up the tree
    and going to the local for a pint or six on the day,trips to the supermarket I find hilarious now I dont participate,laughing at all
    the crap the sheeple buy,huge tins of sweets,humungous cakes and a frozen
    bird that would feed a family of six for a month,then once they’ve put on about 2 stone they feel the need to enrol at a gym come the new year,muppets!! 🙄

CaptJon
    Free Member

When did the unit of measurement for counting down to Christmas change from ‘sleeps’ to ‘shopping days’!?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Not quite bah humbug but when did xmas adverts appear in november’ is closed to new replies.