Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Not only the retailers merging… Zyro buys Fisher Outdoor Leisure
  • hatter

In closing you all need to see this as a good thing for the future of the cycling industry

Tell that to the people being made redundant…

mtbking81
    Free Member

How do you even know they are loosing their jobs

Cougar

the only thing you have been correct about is my punctuation

To be fair, you started that.

I work as a bike mechanic up in Scotland nowhere near St Albans or darlington so working for fishers or zyro would be quite difficult

Funny, that’s not what it says on your Facebook page.

Cougar

How do you even know they are loosing their jobs

That’s what happens when companies merge, they reduce duplicated positions. Well, unless they’re really stupid. Why would you have two people doing the same job?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Funny, that’s not what it says on your Facebook page.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

😆

mtbking81
    Free Member

OK cougar I’ll go with that to an extent but it’s not about spelling, grammar or punctuation is it

Mister-P
    Free Member

I would suspect Hatter has a better idea of what’s going on than most posting on this thread.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Factoid….Zyro have always been a useless shower of shit.

Cougar

OK cougar I’ll go with that to an extent but it’s not about spelling, grammar or punctuation is it

No, it really isn’t.

But, I’m reasonably sure that was the least important of the two points I was making. We take a dim view of folk misrepresenting themselves (it’s called astroturfing), so signing up to a forum solely to vehemently (and really, aggressively) defend a company you claim to have no affiliations with would’ve been immediately suspicious to the rest of the forum even if you hadn’t been daft enough to sign up with an email address which is your real name.

The fact that you appear to be typing with your forehead whilst criticising others’ English is an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things, if anything it’s just mildly amusing.

shermer75
    Free Member

Venture capitalist fatcat: “But how do we make this post look more ‘grass roots'”

PR leech: “Easy! We’ll remove all of the punctuation 🙂 ”

Cougar

To be fair to Zyro, I don’t think our new friend is sufficiently high-up enough in the food chain to be making official statements or be involved with PR. Which is why I’ve not outed him.

You can thank me later, sunbeam.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Interesting. Do we know each other ? Thats my area too. Give us a clue – which region of scotland ?

My opinions are not fiction. They are infact based on 10 years of dealing with said companies- i am how ever now ex bike trade as times move on and families mature.

I do sincerely hope some of fishers customer service attitude rubs off on zyro. It can only improve matters. IM not out to put them down or nae say im just telling it like i see it. Im not known for sugar coating it. They did how ever have friendly apologetic front line sales staff on the phones 🙂

One thing I did wonder though is if the misquoting was deliberate. Your first post doesnt correlate with any of the previous postings. Some might say your version of my opinions contained within your post were fiction

RustyMac

Well that escilated some what…

bruneep

Mr Zyro will have another hissy fit at your spolling 😉

RustyMac

Oops nauty me, I’ll go and sit in the corner and think about what I have done.

brooess
    Free Member

Mergers like this can often have a very negative impact on a market – it consolidates market power and comes closer to an oligopoly, duopoly or worse, monopoly – reducing consumer choice, increasing profits but reducing investment at the same time (no need to invest to grow market share or improve your service if you have so much market power).

I know nothing about the bike industry but seeing more venture capital in cycling concerns me somewhat – VC as mentioned above is concerned with making a profit, not long term sustainability or growth… look at the recent stories coming out about Boots for instance.

And on a side note, I do love the way the internet improves transparency 🙂

scotroutes

It does make me wonder how much less trolling and nonsense there would be on STW if all profiles were made public.

Cougar

It doesn’t really matter I don’t think. Were clevar.

Speeder

Well I must apologize Mr Zyro I stand corrected.

I still fail to see how

These – Zyro brands

turn over more than

These – Fisher Outdoor brands

but I guess the numbers don’t lie.

Best of luck with the merger, just don’t expect any of your customers or non share optioned employees to welcome … errr . . . this:-

“This is an exciting development for the combined business, its brand partners and its customers, creating a company with a truly differentiated proposition in terms of scale, reach and value-added services. Together, the board and management team bring an unrivalled level of expertise, which will help to deliver a clear growth strategy in an evolving sector.”

trail_rat
    Free Member

Turn over means jack shit.

Thats a number thats quoted when …….

How ever an old friend in the know of these things but is not involved in either co assures me there is good reason outwith.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m right and you know it so stop posting stupid comments trying to belittle me because frankly it just makes you look ridiculous

Anyone else imagining a teenager stamping their feet there? 😆

Speeder

Just thought I’d look things up and it turns out I was very wrong Zyro turn over a bit more (recently) and make more profit as well as conserve more cash than Fishers. The accounts don’t lie. (Mostly)

Zyro vs Fisher

Headlines for 5 Years are:-

Turnover
    Zyro £154,697,955
    Fisher £169,781,000

Gross Profit
    Zyro £48,312,887
    Fisher £44,997,000

Worth (current)
    Zyro £10,766,830
    Fisher £4,470,000

I’m sure an accountant could share some light on how Fishers made so little from a similar set of figures but I guess they’ve had an MBO & stuff going on over the last few years so it could just be a flux thing and the more MTB bias of Fishers being less profitable.

v10
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

Chris is there anyone you actually like? 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

This is prob an easy question but what do the ‘worth’ figures mean?

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah, there’s been an edit, makes sense now 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m sure an accountant could share some light on how Fishers made so little

Well, judging from trail_rat’s comments it may be more of a case of Zyro squeezing more profit by offering there vendors inferior service…

pigyn
    Free Member

Just think how many free Reverbs they give out Speeder

trail_rat
    Free Member

Now thats information id use if i was defending my position. Seems to be that zyro are making money some how. Fairplay

twohats
    Free Member

A mate of mine worked at Zyro. Terrible company to work for by all accounts…

Sandwich

My LBS concurs and will not stock any of their brands. Good luck those of you with SRAM kit, it looks like it could be harder to get in the future than Campag spares!

Rorschach
    Free Member

V10….nope 👿 .You maybe a likkle bit.But only because you are the opposition.
    There have been rumours of Zyro padding their portfolio to look sexy for a venture capital leveraged buyout for ages.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i was pondering this on the way to work.

I guess their books do look so good due to the building of inhouse brands with a good reputation – that cuts out the middlemen means that turn over becomes profit much more freely

hampering bike shops up and down the country by operating a just in time system it would seem.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    The fact that you appear to be typing with your forehead whilst criticising others’ English is an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things, if anything it’s just mildly amusing.

This Sir is THE funniest comment I have ever read on this forum.

Thanks for that 😆

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’m sure an accountant could share some light on how Fishers made so little from a similar set of figures

Because the margins on an Altura commuter jacket are probably much better than that a pair of Pikes.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Odd how our new lord and saviour has vanished after he got busted by Cougar.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLWCGKGIDBw[/video]

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

A mate of mine worked at Zyro. Terrible company to work for by all accounts…

Two friends recently moved from Zyro to Fisher.

You can run but you can’t hide… 😆

scotroutes

You’ve got to wonder how much SRAM stuff Fishers were actually selling – and at what margin – when even your retailers can get it cheaper from CRC or Germany.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Not only the retailers merging… Zyro buys Fisher Outdoor Leisure’ is closed to new replies.