Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Not enough clearance for a Mucky Nutz – Suggestions.
  • shaley
    Free Member

I am running a 2.25 Ardent, and a 2.0 Mucky Nutz mud guard. There always seem to be something rubbing.

Any suggestions?

wwaswas

crud catcher?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A Crud Gonzo?

Works well for me on an E150SL fork with not a massive amount of clearance! With a Crud Catcher as well, I should add.

ryanctj
    Free Member

Crudcatcher + Neoguard?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Big fat THE fender in the fork-crown. Moto-styleeee for maximum coverage.

IHN

Inner tube based/bodged ‘beef curtain’?

Northwind

Depends which direction you want to go. If you want more mud protection, then get a Shockboard or something similiar (I recommend the shockboard, the mounting hardware’s gash but cableties fix it, and it performs well enough to forgive that.

If you don’t mind less, then a RRP/inner tube. Might want to complement that with a crudcatcher too. Watch your fork seals- this sort of guard can cause more mud to gather round them.

If you want something that looks incredibly awful yet also doens’t work very well, then the Crudcatcher + Crudcatcher Ridiculous Spy Vs Spy Nose Thing will work less well than a Shockboard, cost more, and weigh more.

Think that’s all the bases covered.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s fitted properly, I don’t get any rub even running a 2.4 in Magura forks which aren’t the best for clearance. It’s only wafer thin after all!

br
    Free Member

Reba forks by any chance?

shaley
    Free Member

Recons actually

grum
    Free Member

I have 2.5 tyres with mine and clearance seems fine (Fox 36 forks).

chopchop
    Free Member

I had no clearance for a muckynutz with a set of 29er Recon’s running HansDampfs, a crudcatcher isnt enough so i’m going to augment it with a neoguard and hope for the best.

stumpy01

Rockshox don’t seem to have masses of clearance for a mucky nutz…

There’s virtually no clearance on my Rebas….I keep meaning to make my own version that mounts on top of the brace, rather than under it.

hambl90
    Free Member

Neoguard + crud catcher

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Earphones!!

PrinceJohn

There’s virtually no clearance on my Rebas….I keep meaning to make my own version that mounts on top of the brace, rather than under it.

I tried a 2.2 Rubber Queen on my Reba’s – they rubbed the brace, so swapped em for an Ardent with a mucky nutz guard, was fine until it got muddy when it started rubbing & wouldn’t stop… so I’m now running with nothing…just have to keep my eyes closed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Not enough clearance for a Mucky Nutz – Suggestions.’ is closed to new replies.