Not enough clearance for a Mucky Nutz – Suggestions.

Home Forum Bike Forum Not enough clearance for a Mucky Nutz – Suggestions.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Not enough clearance for a Mucky Nutz – Suggestions.
  • Premier Icon shaley
    Subscriber

I am running a 2.25 Ardent, and a 2.0 Mucky Nutz mud guard. There always seem to be something rubbing.

Any suggestions?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

crud catcher?

A Crud Gonzo?

Works well for me on an E150SL fork with not a massive amount of clearance! With a Crud Catcher as well, I should add.

ryanctj

Crudcatcher + Neoguard?

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

Big fat THE fender in the fork-crown. Moto-styleeee for maximum coverage.

IHN

Inner tube based/bodged ‘beef curtain’?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Depends which direction you want to go. If you want more mud protection, then get a Shockboard or something similiar (I recommend the shockboard, the mounting hardware’s gash but cableties fix it, and it performs well enough to forgive that.

If you don’t mind less, then a RRP/inner tube. Might want to complement that with a crudcatcher too. Watch your fork seals- this sort of guard can cause more mud to gather round them.

If you want something that looks incredibly awful yet also doens’t work very well, then the Crudcatcher + Crudcatcher Ridiculous Spy Vs Spy Nose Thing will work less well than a Shockboard, cost more, and weigh more.

Think that’s all the bases covered.

joolsburger

Are you sure it’s fitted properly, I don’t get any rub even running a 2.4 in Magura forks which aren’t the best for clearance. It’s only wafer thin after all!

b r

Reba forks by any chance?

Premier Icon shaley
    Subscriber

Recons actually

grum

I have 2.5 tyres with mine and clearance seems fine (Fox 36 forks).

chopchop

I had no clearance for a muckynutz with a set of 29er Recon’s running HansDampfs, a crudcatcher isnt enough so i’m going to augment it with a neoguard and hope for the best.

stumpy01

Rockshox don’t seem to have masses of clearance for a mucky nutz…

There’s virtually no clearance on my Rebas….I keep meaning to make my own version that mounts on top of the brace, rather than under it.

hambl90

Neoguard + crud catcher

PrinceJohn

There’s virtually no clearance on my Rebas….I keep meaning to make my own version that mounts on top of the brace, rather than under it.

I tried a 2.2 Rubber Queen on my Reba’s – they rubbed the brace, so swapped em for an Ardent with a mucky nutz guard, was fine until it got muddy when it started rubbing & wouldn’t stop… so I’m now running with nothing…just have to keep my eyes closed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Not enough clearance for a Mucky Nutz – Suggestions.’ is closed to new replies.