Not Another STW Politics Thread?!?

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by  DezB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Not Another STW Politics Thread?!?
  • Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

But couldn’t not pass this on.

One of our local Conservative clubs has had a rebrand. Not sure though whether they haven’t thought it through or are more revelling in the current political climate and just don’t GAF.

Their shiny new, glossy, professionally printed sign proudly proclaims their new brand.

It says simply, “The Cons”…

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

couldn’t not pass this on

I hate to be a “Grammar Nazi” but Your double negative introduction promises you won’t be sharing this exciting anecdote with us… And then you do.

As for the accurate self labelling of Tories, by Tories? It is sort of amusing, send it into the news quiz maybe?

Premier Icon sc-xc
    Subscriber

I hate to be a “Grammar Nazi” but Your double negative introduction promises you won’t be sharing this exciting anecdote with us… And then you do.

Eh?

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

sc-xc
    Eh?

Agreed.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

couldn’t not

Eh?

PJM1974

I’m sure that if they dropped the “o” and substituted a “u” and a “t” that we’d have a far more honest political slogan from them.

Increasingly, I seem to hear an awful lot of people referring to the Conservative Party in this fashion.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I hate to be a “Grammar Nazi”

Good job that, cos you’d make a rubbish one. (A day late, I know)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.