Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Not a happy bunny
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got up at five this morning, had breakfast and waited for my nephew to pick me up so we could go upto Keswick ( an hour and a quarter drive ) and do a biggish ride. Namely threlkeld, round blencathra, the latrigg descent off skiddaw then onto the borrowdale bash round derwent water. Half an hour in from the start this happens:

At first glance I thought I was only my mech hanger had sheared off. ” No problem, it’s a good job I’ve got a spare in my rucksack ” I said to my nephew. “Err you’d better look again, it’s a bit more serious than that.” came his reply. Not a happy bunny walking/ freewheeling the two Miles back to the van in the pissing rain. 👿

redthunder
    Free Member

🙁

sofatester
    Free Member

🙁

d45yth
    Free Member

A reminder to carry duct tape folks! 🙂
    Sorry.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I think it was evan beyond the possibility of the magical duct tape to fix that. Mind you, some of it could of gone over my mouth to save my nephew listening to my grumbling on the way home. 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

take it on the chin. Things could be worse.

My Rohloff came with a free jar of Smugness Cream. All I have to do is rub it in.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

You can go right off people sometimes 🙂

Kuco

Shame that cream never actually worked on the belt itself MTQ.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Could you not rig up a single speed conversion to get you out and about?

mactheknife

I see the problem there. SRAM 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

why didn’t you bodge it to single speed?

miner29er
    Free Member

A 2-mile walk back to van? Blimey, sounds a damned site easier than a 30-mile bike ride. fwiw, I’ve had 2 rear mechs snap on me, a cheap deore and an XT. Chainsuck was the culprit in both instances. Drivetrain locked and CRACK! goodbye rear mech.

eruptron
    Free Member

andyl – Member
    why didn’t you bodge it to single speed?

This/\
    Had the same at LLandegla a little while back only single speed Five on the trail 8)

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Thought about ss it (have done this before round Gisburn once ) but it means the rear suspension won’t work as it should and if you shorten the chain it means a new chain as well as a new mech and dropout. Yes I’m a skinflint 😀 So I sacked that idea off and went home sulking.

andyl
    Free Member

you just put the old section back in with another powerlink. 2 powerlinks no different to 1 powerlink in a chain.

Swelper
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to my Sram rear mech, was 3 months old. Tried my luck and Chain Reaction replaced it no quibble. Great service, played the metal fatigue card. Worth a try i guess depending how old the mech is

d45yth
    Free Member

One of my mates was doing an 85 mile road event yesterday that started at Keswick. They stopped folk going up some of the passes later on due to the torrential rain and high winds…maybe it was a blessing in disguise?

wl
    Free Member

Bad luck. Weather was grim in the Lakes yesterday though. I’ve got a short cage X7 for sale if you’re interested – not new but in good nick. Yours for £15 + postage.

DezB
    Free Member

Things could be worse.

No! There’s nothing worse than a ruined ride. NOTHING!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Be content with your life, it may not get any better. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Things could be worse.

No! There’s nothing worse than a ruined ride. NOTHING!

Yep, not even cat AIDS is that bad.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m sure the Daily Mail headline was about Cat AIDS this morning. Can anyone confirm? Am I in danger?

singletrackmind

You dont even have a Cat.

OP. What you need is a Debz to tow you home using an improvised tow rope made from 2 x inner tubes.

Debz is a very good towman.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Buy cheap, buy twice… 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Not a happy bunny’ is closed to new replies.