Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Northumberland there is no nobler county….
  • fergal
    Free Member

… as it roles processonally northward in a great wave of historic and coloured moorland, cresting the skyline into suprising and sudden crags….where is your favourite ride?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

across the riggs in the field infront of my grandmothers house

Drac

Border Ridge to Windy Ghyle.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can I also add the 80degree run down and out of the quarry at the other end of out farm, sublime place for a 12 year old with a bike

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

still love thrunton woods BUT as i used to live there, Allendale is my own favorite, rides in all directions, awesome and quiet for night rides, empty. Baa the sheep.

GEDA
    Free Member

Are you on the hunt for new rides again Fergal? A1 North of Alnwick?

globalti
    Free Member

When I lived in Newcastle, mountain bikes hadn’t been invented and Keilder reservoir was just being flooded. We must have been almost the last people to climb on The Belling crag before it disappeared under the water.

fergal
    Free Member

Always on the hunt for new rides, this latest spell of balmy weather has really reinvigorated my urge to get out on the moors and explore, loving it.

stevied
    Free Member

Still finding/linking tracks on the Malverns. 25 years riding them and still finding little gems 🙂 I love from the house and being off-road in 10 mins..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Shhhh, don’t tell everyone!

last wednesday on Hexhamshire Common:

P6190008 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

P6190014 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Bolts Law, last winter:

P2030022 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Clairgillhead to Ninebanks:

P4170037 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Dipton Burn:

Dipton Burn Descent by ir_bandito, on Flickr

A few hundred yards from my house:

Cock Woods by ir_bandito, on Flickr

lemonysam
    Free Member

Clennel Street, Thrunton Woods, Whitefield Shank, Coastal Rides from Boulmer, Windy Gyle. Ace, ace, ace.

lemonysam
    Free Member

ir_bandito – I’m moving out to Wylam this weekend and will have my mountain bike for the first time in months. Any suggestions for a Tyne Valley ride to help us kiss and make up?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Riding from Wylam, you’re probably best off heading to the south of Prudhoe, maybe over towards Chopwell. there’s a bit on the north side of the valley, but its mainly fields and farm tracks.

GrahamS of this forum lives in Wylam, he’ll know of trails more local.

If you fancy spinning/driving up the valley though, it starts to get interesting once you’re past Stocksfield. Prospect Hill and Dipton woods south of Corbridge has some fun trails, Dukeshouse/Cock Woods south of Hexham is my local, and there’s loads of singletrack in there.

Or head further south to the Shire for big country moorland epics.

If you need a guide, there’s a few of us ride from Hexham at 8pm every wednesday, meet by the Natwest. Email in my profile.

There’s also the Tyne Valley MTB club, of which I’m a member, who have regular rides, its worth getting on their email list as Ted who runs it does a lot of work on local trail development.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Northumberland there is no nobler county….’ is closed to new replies.