Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Northern Adventures: Helvellyn descent video
  • torihada
    Free Member

Headcam from recent double ascent/descent of Helvellyn. Brutal climb up to Sticks Pass from Legburthwaite, but worth it for the Sticks Pass descent. 7.5 hours, 26 miles and 7000 ft of up & down. Hopefully the video’s less painful:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6WNjjm1pCU&feature=share&list=UUF8hBrxOopIQqPaYh1_uw_Q[/video]

badllama
    Free Member

Nice video mate! 🙂
    Thats one ride on the todo list. 😀

easygirl

Bit of old school, non trail centre action….. Nice

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    creedy
    Free Member

Cheers for that’1l Def also on my to do list. Walked that trail a lot and the head cam never gives justice to how steep some of that stuff is, or how jagged the rocks can be!

torihada
    Free Member

I know, at times it looks like we’re mincing down a gravel drive.

jaylaz73

Did this route last winter with my Brother and a friend. Was a real foggy, cold night. As we were approaching the summit of Helvellyn Lower Man, two eyes appeared in our lights, circling us and terrifying growling, grunting noises shattered the eerie silence. This went on for a little while then all was calm again and we went on our way to the summit, all trying to remain in middle spot! Strange but true. Dared myself to repeat the ride on my own the week after, was absolutely bricking it!

althepal

Some sort of copyright issue means I cant watch it apparently.. bah!

wl
    Free Member

What did you do after Sticks descent? Up Grizedale and Dollywagon then down Wythburn, or down the other side of Sticks?

torihada
    Free Member

althepal – Member

Some sort of copyright issue means I cant watch it apparently.. bah!
    As I put music on the soundtrack (acknowledged 3rd part content) it’s not available on mobile platforms. 🙁

wl – Member

What did you do after Sticks descent? Up Grizedale and Dollywagon then down Wythburn, or down the other side of Sticks?

Sticks Pass was the last descent of the day. Our route for the day was:

Start Glenridding – Grisedale (parallel to Grisedale Beck) up to Dollywagon Pike – Helvellyn.

Helvellyn – Great Dodd – Bruts Moss – Groove Beck to pick up Old Coach Road, West to Thirlmere.

On tarmac after Old Coach Road to Legburthwaite – Stanah – push/carry to top of Sticks Pass (brutal climb – 1hr+ with the bike on your back)

Sticks Pass descent to Glenridding.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Northern Adventures: Helvellyn descent video’ is closed to new replies.