North Downs Way to Boxhill

Home Forum Bike Forum North Downs Way to Boxhill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • North Downs Way to Boxhill
  • Sui

Well if you are going to box hill, then there are trails on boxhill/headley. That’s quite a trek from Woldingham, so I suppose how much further (in hours) of riding would you want to do once at Boxhill? Most of the trails are tucked away but findable with the devil that is strava!

rewski

I ride NDW from woldingham a fair bit, assume you’ve done trails around marden park, there’s a couple of cheeky descents around betchworth and brockham, there’s the steps down to the mole river too, be careful with walkers though, then you’ve got headly heath. I might have a few maps I can send you. You’re not that far from Ranmore, I sometimes get the train over to Tadworth and ride over to Ranmore and Leith.

A good epic day out is woldingham to eastbourne, ndw – downslink – sdw, I tried last year but bailed after un forcasted high winds at black cap lewes.

Sui

that’s a point just get the train to Dorking/Tadworth/Tattenham corner (or drive) closer and spend some proper time riding the trails.

titusrider

rewski here is your original thread asking a similar question
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/north-downs-way-betchworth-1

rewski

so it is, ain’t the internet fab. 😉

I recall one of the NDW climbs out of betchworth being very steep and low hanging bushes making it un-ridable, the lower footpath past the quarry is do-able though.

I’ll dig out the pdfs.

Me and my friends have been scouting out the NDW from Woldingham to Boxhill. We made it to Reigate hill last week so hopefully it is Boxhill this weekend.

My question is that when we get to the Boxhill area around Pebblecombe what is the best direction for some good trails, bearing in mind that we won’t be riding too far from Pebblecombe.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Sui – Member

That’s quite a trek from Woldingham, so I suppose how much further (in hours) of riding would you want to do once at Boxhill? Most of the trails are tucked away but findable with the devil that is strava! Probably not too far but we could get the train back. Strava? No I can only run to maps printed from the internet 🙁

Rewski – will try the areas you mentioned, don’t know them. Not sure that I would make Eastbourne myself!

Titusrider – I will check that link out, thanks.

birdage

Rewski is NDW rideable all the way to North Downs Link?
    Folks live in Caterham and I live in Lewes so been thinking about this for a while.
    Thanks

rewski

@ birdcage – pretty much, all though you’ll be going up and down quite a bit on footpaths. I was advised to stayed high on ranmore common and rode bridlepaths all the way to newlands corner, then dropped down into st marthas hill and pick up the downlink near there, it was quite hard going around st martha’s, I ended up on a very sandy bridlepath, it was very dry too.

Start wise I would ride up to the NDW via Caterham School, there’s a footpath that takes you all the way up to the bench the top of the NDW, nicer than riding up the bypass, you probably know that already.

It’s a nice ride, downlinks is a bit dull but knowing what’s coming at shoreham makes it worth while.

birdage

Thanks for the info Rewski. Have ridden the Downslink to Guildford and it was possibly the most boring ride ever despite 2 punctures and one shredded tyre.

I know that path by the school, my folks live by it! Weird or what.

rewski – on a side note, I was out in Woldingham last night and went down what I call the jump trail. It runs from Gangers hill down over the M25. It was absolute dusty perfection. Don’t know if you have tried it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘North Downs Way to Boxhill’ is closed to new replies.