Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • North Yorks moors help for tomorrow please
  • santascurse
    Free Member

Hey.

Looking at weather and the radar says tomorrowis best east of the A1 really.
    I ride friday afternoons but it’s usually lakes stuff.

Can anyone point me in right direction for some technical riding either north yorkshire moors area or east of the A1 north of say wakefield. I’m travelling from skipton but never riding over that way tbh….any help would be great.

dickie
    Free Member

Sutton Bank Classic Ride – ST Mag issue 109

austy
    Free Member

Have a look on Pedal North website

https://pedalnorth.com/

el_boufador

Sutton Bank area for sure. Hood hill area below the visitor centre has lots of excellent DH runs if going up and down the same hill tickles your fancy. Also look up the dark horse descent -over by the road that goes past the white horse

santascurse
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply guys.
    Anyone know any decent natural routes that way. Shoukd of said I’m not really into trail centres and man made tracks
    Like natural technical trails really if there is anything

el_boufador

In a general sense, going along the top of the escarpment from the visitor centre and then checking out the bridleways that run down from the top is a good way to go. Some drops being better than others for fun/technical.
    You could do worse than following the red trail centre from the visitor centre, but it does miss out some of the best bits IMO.

el_boufador

Ps the red trail isn’t like a normal trail centre. uses largely natural trails

el_boufador

Could do something like This

el_boufador
    santascurse
    Free Member

Thanks for them. First one is easier to follow. Might do that and see about tagging that dark horse on the end

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘North Yorks moors help for tomorrow please’ is closed to new replies.