Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • North wave shoes – narrow or wide fit?
  • b230ftw
    Free Member

I used to buy shimano shoes until I found I had a narrow ish foot size (explains why I had to tighten them so much) and recently got some Giro shoes which fitted much better.
    Thinking about some Northwave shoes, do they tend to be wider or narrower? Any idea?

jimmy

They fit me with wide feet. I bought them for that reason.

bsims
    Free Member

Mine feel wide – I have narrow heels and quite low volume feet. I put a Brasher volume adjuster in and they work well. In winter two pairs of socks are fine with no adjuster.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

It probably depends on model.

Once had their disco slippers and they were tight as hell. But their winter range is definitely more generous.

Probably not very helpful…

Cheers!
    I.

b230ftw
    Free Member

It was some winter shoes I was thinking of. I’ve got 45s in most shoes.

bsims
    Free Member

sorry, should have said, mine are Clan

IvanMTB
    Free Member

In regards to winter, they are definitely roomy. Much roomier than LG Zero and Spesh Defroster.

Cheers!
    I.

mrb123
    Free Member

The winter boots are roomy.

I have to have the boa cords dialled virtually all the way in on my Raptor boots (feet are fairly narrow). Better that way than too small though, especially on winter boots where you are likely to want some fairly substantial socks on.

binners

They fit me with wide feet. I bought them for that reason.

I was just about to post the same. I have wide feet, like a baboon. Shimano are far too narrow for me. I’ve had a few pairs of Northwave as they’re nice and roomy to accommodate my gibbon feet

Painey
    Free Member

Another with wide feet and Northwave fit me better than any others.

beagle
    Free Member

Yep. Likewise here – wide for me and true to size.

b230ftw
    Free Member

On some wider fit shoes I can’t tighten them enough to fit properly and I get heel lift – tried some Shimano ones recently and had to send back as they just didn’t feel right.

What I would like is some waterproof shoes which are good for gravel riding eg can walk in them pretty well but decent stiffness, not too chunky like a full MTB shoe.

devash
    Free Member

Wider than Shimano but still not what I’d call “roomy”. This is only going on my experience with my current pair of Northwave Spiders. Then again, I do have ultra wide feet and always struggle to find cycling and running shoes that fit well.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The waterproof/winter boots are somewhere between the standard Shimano and the wide ones.

The disco slippers are closer to normal though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘North wave shoes – narrow or wide fit?’ is closed to new replies.