Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • (north) North York Moors routes
  • joemmo
    Free Member

hello. I’m going to be staying near Stokesley in the NYMs for a few days next week and would like to fit in a few hours off-road ride, preferably in that area.
    Any good route suggestions? cheers

austy
    Free Member

Have a look on the pedal north website

Pedal North

ogden
    Free Member

Guisborough Forest off piste or not that far from Hamsterley

Moses

JUst buy the OS map and work it out from there – you’re only 4 miles form the foot of Ingleby Bank and the old ironstone railway track to Rosedale.
    Also, 4 miles or so to Carlton Bank & up to Bilsdale.

brakes
    Free Member

ah, the place where I discovered MTBing.
    I’d try and stitch a route together from Great Ayton / Roseberry Topping to Captain Cook’s monument through Kildale to Clay Bank to Carlton Bank to Osmotherley / the reservoir / sheep wash.

there was always a crazy jump spot in the old quarry at Great Ayton too, not sure if it’s still there.

joemmo
    Free Member

cheers all – the pedal north site has some good options, thanks for that. I do have the OS maps but a bridleway over a moor can be anything from a boggy grind to singletrack heaven so a bit of local knowledge goes far.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If I was anything near fit & not an overweight 61 yr old lard arse who’s only done about 150 miles since January….I’d show you round.

Pop into Bike Scene in Guisborough & ask, very helpful & an awesome shop. Westbrookes in Stokesley also may have advice, another good shop but I’m not sure what their offroad knowledge is like.

HTH.

joemmo
    Free Member

thanks, I’ll find an excuse to visit Bike Scene I’m sure. Cheers for the offer of a tour but I’m going to have to grab whatever opportunity arises between entertaining kids and grandparents so wouldn’t be able to stick to a schedule anyway 🙂

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Here’s a few routes that you can get straight to :-

Chopgate Lordstones

Ingleby Bank etc

Guisborough basic loop

Guisborough

joemmo
    Free Member

perfect – thanks. The Ingleby loop looks good. Probably have to be out at dawn to fit it in!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Here’s the Pedal North link for that ride.

http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/great-hograh-moor-and-baysdale-abbey

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘(north) North York Moors routes’ is closed to new replies.