Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • north norfolk locals
  • toppers3933
    Free Member

anyone on here from the wells next the sea area that would be happy to accept a parcel for me next week. were going there on holiday and i need to get a kite delivered to me but the caravan park won’t allow me to have it sent there. just a thought. cheers toppers.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m in King’s Lynn, if you can’t get any closer…

Rachel

toppers3933
    Free Member

Awesome cheers Rachel.

pacemaker
    Free Member

will also be also be in Kings Lynn at the folks, if any use

TuckerUK
    Free Member

King’s Lynn here too.

allthegear
    Free Member

We’re really going to have to get out for a ride one day, Tucker…

Jamie
    Free Member

….what in Kings Lynn?

lolz.

nedrapier

Ha!

“What STWer King’s Lynn residence for Wells-next-the-sea kite collection?”

toppers3933
    Free Member

Rachel can you pm me your address please. I am waiting to here about an option in wells but if not then if it’s ok I’ll get it sent to you. Will know in the morning. Thanks.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah – it’s just like Les Gets here you know – we just keep the mountains to ourselves… 😉

Rachel

cheers_drive

Who’d guess there would be so many STW members in Lynn. I grew up in Hunstanton and went to Tech in Lynn.
    I still go back that way to visit the folks but the lack of proper hills means I won’t be returning to stay.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

We’re really going to have to get out for a ride one day, Tucker…

Are you overweight and unfit too, or do you have a trailer big enough for me? 😀

Where do you ride? I’ve got some small woods near me that are better than nothing, and I try to get out to Thetford when I can.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Listen, mock all you want, there’s a gradual slope on the main road near me, at my weight/level of fitness, that’s called a ‘hill’! 😆

Sometimes I alternate between my standard wheel, a 29er, and an old 20″ just to get that feeling of ascending and descending.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mum lives in Snettisham…

allthegear
    Free Member

Are you overweight and unfit too

I think so, yes… 🙂

Rachel

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I think so, yes…

Rachel

Lol.

Where do you ride? Anywhere local?

allthegear
    Free Member

Local rides are Thetford, obviously, plus a mixture of Sandrigham, some place I don’t know the name of about 5 miles SE of Lynn and sometimes out onto the vinegar middles salt marshes NE of Lynn, in direction of Snettisham.

All of it cheeky but it’s crown estate so I own it really…

Rachel

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Sounds interesting!

We’re fairly new to the area (although had family up here forever), so I’ll have to have a quick Google Earth.

I think you’ll find Sandringham is actually privately owned by The Queen, but I have it on good authority that she likes to partake of the occasional XC event (in disguise obviously!), so she isn’t adverse to the odd cyclist in her garden.

Kunstler

Only just seen this so I guess you’re probably sorted. If I hadn’t broken my collar bone I would have spent this last week back in Wells staying with family and enjoying carnival week. It’s a bit arsey of the campsite not to oblige but from what I know about them it doesn’t surprise me.

If you still need someone to take delivery – emails in profile.

I’m originally from Wells and always take the bike with me when I go back. There is some surprisingly good riding from the town and you can put together some good and scenically varied rides. Would be happy to show others around when I’m back later in the year. (Better then as there’s less likelihood of colliding with folks in the pinewoods).

flip456
    Free Member

Bit of a hijacking, but does anyone know of any singletrack in the woods north of norwich. Is it private land/ forestry commission ? I often ride witton woods when visiting family but would be good to know of other areas.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes – if you go up the road by the side of the Castle pub, there’s some in the woods there – actually, it’s quite good!

Rachel

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘north norfolk locals’ is closed to new replies.