Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Norovirus experts/sufferers – am I infected?
  • legend
    Free Member

Woke up to be quite sick in the middle of the night. After a thoroughly unpleasant experience I’ve been ok since (not feeling awesome but not being sick/dieing). Does that sound right for the winter vomiting bug? I was under the impression that once you started you didn’t stop for a couple of days, and was suspecting a bit of food poisoning instead?

Of course, working out what’s going on could have a serious effect on Christmas dinner!

scaredypants

no, doesn’t really sound like it. Have you got an alternative explanation for puking ?

I wouldn’t go cooking dinner though – let somebody else handle the food 😉

oh, NOW WASH YOUR HANDS

DrP

Our kid had similar on Saturday.
    He’s running around the house happy as larry in a red power ranger costume now.

You need a red power ranger costume.

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

Got up this morning to hear my Sis-in-law had been vomming all night, as had one of her kids. They seem stable now, so might be a low grade bug thingy* that’s going around.

*I am not a doctor.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

You’ll know if you’ve got/had the norovirus. Relentless vomiting and diahorrea, fever, dilerium. It comes on really fast too. Last time, I started feeling groggy about 9am and was completely bog-bound by 11. Lasting 2 days before the vomiting stops. It can be quite upsetting first time around. Just hope you can be at hone when it kicks in.

hmanchester
    Free Member

No. Sickness and diarrhea until your body knows it’s gut is 100% empty which includes any sips of water you’ve had or dry retching. Poo like liquid and also empty.

Initial symptoms for 12-24 hours and then you’re essentially better. It’s just recovering from the ordeal then. If you’re good you should be 90% after 2 days.

I’ve had it twice…..

Yes, it’s awful, but…. Weirdly it’s also an opportunity to improve your gut health and bacteria flora. Fill it with veg, meat, fish, eggs and a good probiotic (tablet) and come out of it healthier. Think of it like an oil change. Small conciliation for when it’s happening and you think the world is going to end.

grantway
    Free Member

Give these guys a call

NHS DIRECT

Taff
    Free Member

There’s something else going around too. My friends Aunt came down with it today and my father in law has something too. Just a virus but pain in the arse timing. Hope you feel better soon

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like it. Both your bum and mouth feel like a tap. On the plus side if you’ve had it once and you get it again it’s not as bad.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

As said above ^^^ If its pouring out both ends you have norovirus. One of the most unpleasant illnesses I have had to deal with.

Lifer
    Free Member

No – you’d know.

trevron73
    Free Member

Sounds like a bug, my Nuro started in the car had to grab a shower after ,went to work and 1 hour later had 5 girls giggling out side the disabled toilet ,then shat the bath whilst i was in it ,just getting over the shock and projectile vomit in the same shit filled bath ,not pleasant ,im over it now
    Merry Christmas

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

There is another bug doing the rounds that’s not norovirus. Which is causing nausea, vomiting, feeling bloated and indigestion type symptoms. It is most likely that.

daveh
    Free Member

Not noro until you’ve shat on the floor whilst being sick.
    HTH
    🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not not Noro until you just give up and lie in the bath.

BillMC

I’m just getting over the other knockout virus but this thread made me larf. I’d like to thank all you victims of this pestilence for allowing me some christmas schadenfreude!

geetee1972
    Free Member

I was reading that Norovirus causes gastroenteritis so effectively if you’ve got vomiting and diarrhoea then its largely immaterial what’s caused it. That said I came down with it (V&D) on Monday night and had the same flu like symptoms associated with Noro but I was right as rain 24 hours later and the V&D only lasted one night. Other people I know have had it for up to five days but the NHS website says that Noro can still be finished within 24 hours. Maybe some people just get a lighter dose of have more resilient immune systems.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Norovirus experts/sufferers – am I infected?’ is closed to new replies.