Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 230 total)
  • Normal everyday things that mess with your mind
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I’ll second the left-handed golfers one – even though I’m left-handed I play(ed) golf right-handed. I feel like I need to watch the TV in a mirror every time I watch Phil Mickleson play. It’s just wrong.

bikebouy
    Free Member

And left hand guitarists..

I find them hard to watch.

Harry_the_Spider

White underpants.
    G10 light fittings.
    Morecambe.

wilburt
    Free Member

Otherwise sensible people who are religious.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Quickpar. How can you repair ANY part of a damaged archive with the same blocks? Black magic.

WEJ

People who say “I haven’t had an explanation” when they actually mean “I haven’t had an explanation I understand/accept/agree with”

This winter’s weather.

Why is it (usually) much easier to stay upright on a moving bike than a stationary one.

tjp1980
    Free Member

Computers in general

mattyfez

People who stand still on escalators.

People who think that busy doorways/entrances to things are a great place to stop for a chat.

Groups of people who prop the bar up preventing others from seeing what ales are on tap instead of buying a pint and finding a seat.

MoreCashThanDash

Men who wear scarves and nothing else

Not sure if I’m curious or concerned…….. 😕

andyb39
    Free Member

One of my old schoolmates. He’s right handed but when playing cricket (or any other racket sports) would always bat left handed.

mrsfry
    Free Member

All those screaming teenagers waiting for Binners to leave the hotel, so they can grab his hair.
    Why don’t they just drug a maid, put her clothes on and get his hair from the plug hole. It’s much more civilized

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

I went to a mcdonalds on the A3 in Hampshire, there were police and squaddies in there…felt really weird…

I can’t think of a time I’ve been to a mcdonalds and there hasn’t been the police in there – I thought it was just a natural waiting ground, helped but the fact they get free food…

nickc

Squaddies walking around in their uniforms…I mean, why wouldn’t they? (my dad did after all) but it’s just odd when I see them in largely civilian settings somehow.

And a “things that mess with your head sort of way” when you try to grasp the length of time humans have been knocking about on the planet, (2 millions years or so) and the space that we occupy is mostly the same spaces that they did…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Gay people.
    Drivers who stop at roundabouts when there’s nothing coming.
    People who use New Psychoactive Substances. (Not that this is ‘normal’)

One of my old schoolmates. He’s right handed but when playing cricket (or any other racket sports) would always bat left handed.

Like me with an ice hockey stick, couldn’t be doing a right handed stick but hold other bats/clubs/racquets right handedly.

bearnecessities

Hopefully I’m as far from a hand-wringing-self-righteous-stw-arse-head as it’s possible to be, but seriously did you just say that??

lerk
    Free Member

I think he did…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Holy shit.

tjp1980
    Free Member

Perhaps he reads a lot of Enid Blyton and meant as in ‘happy’…. Maybe…

joat

Most people are gay when lonely 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Most people are gay when lonely

What? Did I say something?

nickc

I suspect that this

Gay people.

may require a bit of expansion?

maccruiskeen

You would not believe how many kabaddi players there are.

had to google it…. wtf… like some weird, slightly homo-erotic school boy game of tag.

Years and years ago Channel 4 used to televise Kabaddi late at night. Post pub (after the loooong walk home I used to have to do) its was basically either Kabaddi or Ceefax on the telly when I got home. It took quite a long time (and by that I mean several weeks) for me to suddenly realise ‘hang on, this game doesn’t seem to involve a ball’

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

may require a bit of expansion?

To what degree?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The amount of times Joe Cocker keeps being resurrected. I think he may have some kind of concealed electric motor.

nickc

well, in a thread entitled “Normal everyday things that mess with your mind” merely saying Gay people and leaving it at that seems, at the very least, a little short on information about why?

WillH

nickc – Member
    I suspect that this

Gay people.
    may require a bit of expansion?[/quote]
    I suspect that he means that while he has no problem with gay people, the concept of gayness ‘messes with his mind’, as per the thread title. Which is fair enough. Those people who have said they get weirded out watching left-handed golfers, no-one jumped to any conclusions about them being bigoted towards left-handed golfers. This is much the same, I suspect. It’s perfectly possible to not get your head around being attracted to your own gender, but also to have no problem accepting that being gay exists and is nothing to be concerned about.

[edit – the confusion probably arose because some folk have gone OT and started posting about “things they don’t like, that other people do” rather than concepts that they struggle to grasp.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

WillH, your sensible commentary is not welcomed here, the pitchforks are at this very moment being readied. 😆

WillH

🙂 Sorry, I’m quite enjoying this thread and didn’t want it to descend into an anti-homophobia argument (apologies to essel for ruining his excellent trolling 😆 )

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

well, in a thread entitled “Normal everyday things that mess with your mind” merely saying Gay people and leaving it at that seems, at the very least, a little short on information about why?

‘Messing with my mind’ is probably an overstatement, I just don’t get it, like a lot of stuff on here. Squaddies in uniforms for instance, I live 2 miles from an RAF base & often see military staff in uniform in Morrisons, so what?

People who stand still on escalators.

Why are they called escalators & not ‘speed stairs’?

Here’s 2 blokes, one’s gay & the other isn’t. They love each other dearly. Who’s the gay one?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/aAzNPm]Evans sportive[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

bearnecessities

Ah, you’re a great big mincer. Glad that’s cleared up 😀

We all say things that probably didn’t come out right, carry on.

konabunny
    Free Member

9.5/10 trolling. Excellent.

bigdean

Ring doughnuts have only one side and thought to be the shape of the universe as no matter what direction you set off in you get to your start point. Was on bbc 4 so must be true.

scaredypants

tasty though

Harry_the_Spider

Grunty, who is gay or not is irrelevant. Who is riding a road bike with a peaked helmet is what is messing with my swede.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

*tips helmet*

Eeeerrrrr… Try not to visualise 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

When people talk so hip.

It twists my melon, man 😀

wicki
    Free Member

Women 😯

Northwind

It’s good though that he’s accepted that it’s actually perfectly normal and that it’s him that has the problem, innit?

maccruiskeen – Member

Years and years ago Channel 4 used to televise Kabaddi late at night. Post pub (after the loooong walk home I used to have to do) its was basically either Kabaddi or Ceefax on the telly when I got home.

And that right there is why anyone in the UK knows what kabaddi is. It’s like when channel 5 used to have the x-games and suddenly every student, pisshead and stoner in the country had an opinion on skidoo racing. Or that thing channel 4 used to show at 4am that was nothing but videos of spaceships taking off, to try and stop people coming in from clubs from chewing their own faces off (I think they did other versions but in my head it was all spaceships)

somafunk

Or that thing channel 4 used to show at 4am that was nothing but videos of spaceships taking off, to try and stop people coming in from clubs from chewing their own faces off

A fe years ago we got a visual editing (V-dj’s) company in to do 3 humoungus video screens at our dance tents at the wickerman festival, i recognised clips of that show ^ and mentioned it to the VJ’s – turns out that it was his company that produced and sold them to C4.

That year we were very popular with a 500+ person queue (one in – one out) to get into our large marquees… 😀

mrsfry
    Free Member

Married people, regardless of gay or not gay. Why!
    No one is interesting enough to spend the next sixty years of your life with.
    Cat owners that don’t control them. There is no law that says your cat can do what it wants anywhere it wants. Pooping in gardens causing car accidents and stealing property! No!
    Milk

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 230 total)

The topic ‘Normal everyday things that mess with your mind’ is closed to new replies.