Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Norfolk campsites
  • senorj

We’ve had Welsh ones,any suggestions for good Norfolk campsites please?
    More interesting the better ( the missus is coming so the toilets will have to be clean).
    We like Wells by the sea,so near-ish there would be handy.
    Got a week off next week and the weather looks promising.:-)

stugus
    Free Member

Waxham sands is nice – haven’t been in a couple of years though.
    Pretty basic, right by the sea, nice (big!) beach.

Probably on the more basic side of camping but a decent toilet/shower block.

Not much in walking distance but I see that as a plus – 2 x pubs in easy walking distance though 🙂

stugus
    Free Member

… when I say by the beach, its literally just over the dunes and you’re there. 2mins walk.

i_like_food

Hautbois centre is nice. Quiet and very clean, it’s a centre run by the Guides (Girl) so very ‘positive’. Not near the sea though…

PS it’s pronounceded Hobbis.

jet26
    Free Member

Breck Farm near Holt very good. Good facilities too.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Stayed in the campsite at Fakenham Racecourse a few years back, it was pretty good as I recall.

MoreCashThanDash

Deers Glade

BurnBob
    Free Member

Deers Glade. Nice clean toilets and showers which are regularly cleaned. 10 minute drive from Cromer.

senorj

Thanks for those ideas,I’ll have a look.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Deepdale camping at Burnham Deepdale. Shop, café very near.

stumpy01

+1 for Deepdale.

Dower House is quite a good site, with a heated pool, but it’s a bit in the middle of nowhere and nearer Thetford forest than the coast, so probably not suitable.

senorj

Had a look and Breck farm looks my fave.
    Deep dale second choice…obviously I have no say in the matter. 😉
    Thanks.

Basil

The Caravan club site at Sandringham (yup it is in the queens grounds) is very well run and very pretty

el_boufador

Breck farm, ace. Just come back from there today. Found some dh trails in the woods nearby too, really good single-track riding and walking from the tent, out onto the heath and in the woods. brilliant for kids.

sandboy

Not sure how cheeky they are but there we found some great downhill trails in Sheringham Counrty park just down the road. Road riding in that part of Norfolk is lovely and now the kids are back at school the roads will be very quiet. Nice time for a break in Norfolk!

senorj

Breck farm was perfect for us cheers. It was the bit about the singletrack that swung it for me. 🙂
    Beautiful part of the world.

sandboy

We always have a great time at Brek Farm, the kids love it !! Glad you’ve had a nice break, it’s been a good week for the weather.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Norfolk campsites’ is closed to new replies.