Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Nook
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

So looks like the nook ereader has dropped to £29

Guy at work has rooted his and now he’s got Facebook,gmail, dropbox, googlemaps and even kindle running on it

Just bought one

willard

Got one a few weeks ago and I’m glad I did. I now have something like 300 books on it.

Better than a cheap android tablet with a conventional screen.

Daniel
    Free Member

Is kindle easy to set up?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    santacruzsi
    Free Member

Interested in this….I bought a Nook SImple for £29 a few weeks back. Impressed with it for the price and gets me reading more!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well the nook is based on android. I’ll dig out some instructions on it but you effectively buy an sd card and install a load of apps on it

Someone has even got wipeout working on it

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgb6sVT6OYY[/video]

trickydisco
    Free Member

Kindle on nook

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4MJungKIxY[/video]

stimpy
    Free Member

Linky for the £29 Nook please?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I got mine instore in blackwells. I think you can get them from john lewis as well

I think it’s mainly instore you get it for £29 (currys , pcworld)

stimpy
    Free Member

Just found them online for £29 from John Lewis.

Everywhere else still has them for £69 online.

And ordered. Good shout OP.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i got mine from JL, only took a few days and got it delivered to my local store.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Finally got round to rooting mine yesterday

Followed this guide

How I Turned my Nook into an E-Reader Monster

then downloaded google apps (NTGAppsAttack) and followed this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2086582

Now running: google drive, dropbox, kindle, facebook, gmail

next I need to reprogram the buttons so it works like the normal nook bu a long press turns on the apps part

dannybgoode

Am tempted for £29 just have a play rooting one. got no need for it whatsoever but could be fun!

Cheers

Danny B

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Am tempted for £29 just have a play rooting one. got no need for it whatsoever but could be fun!

Cheers

Danny B
    yup, me too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Get them via topcashback and it’ll probably drop the price to about £27! Mr MC always read but only if I bought him books/got them out of the library. He saw this deal a few months back and invested in a Nook (I’ve had a Kindle for 3 odd years) and he loves it! Hasn’t stopped reading since and that’s without all the boot legging. He has even just purchased a few 99p books ..he’s splashing out!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Don’t forget Gutenberg.org for thousands of free older books (Verne, Wells etc) and loads of mags you can get 14 day free trial subs (mbuk, dirt, Cycling +, procycling plus stacks of others).

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have one of the £29 ones but it isn’t as good as my kindle as it only refreshes the screen every six pages I think which in certain light shows up txt behind what you are reading which is very annoying. The Kindle refreshes every page turn so you don’t get it with that. But for the money is adequate just not great in my book 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Nook’ is closed to new replies.