Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Non-tubeless maxxix wetscream?
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Has anyone tried running a Non-tubeless/non-ust wetscream 2.1 tubeless?
    It will be on superstar tactic tubeless rims. Currently running non-tubeless baron with no issues.

stevied
    Free Member

Not wetscream but have run other non-tubeless Maxxis, tubeless, without too much bother. Did have a DHF burp off the rim twice but that was doing DH @ FoD without enough air in 😳

scottfitz
    Free Member

My concern is its thin and tall, I guess I should just give it a go.

Northwind

Similiarly, I’ve run other maxxis dualplies tubeless, no bother- they’ve got quality beads and lots of rubber. But generally tubeless for downhill is a harder sell than for xc/#duro, especially since wetscreams are such a serious wet conditions tyre you’ll want to swap them on and off more than most…

jimjam
    Free Member

Works fine.

scottfitz
    Free Member

It went on fine/very easily. Riding it later to see if it stays on with 20psi in it.

iolo
    Free Member

Is there a new tyre definition or is non tubeless just called a tyre?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If the answer is use wet screams then I’m sure the other answer is find somewhere else to ride 😉

They were only ever used for Shropshire DH slop and a bad day on the grass at Molfre. Tried riding them on the flat and it was frustrating.

scottfitz
    Free Member

If the answer is use wet screams then I’m sure the other answer is find somewhere else to ride

Its a race 😉 Plus the spikes on a 2.2 are much smaller than the 2.5 ones

scottfitz
    Free Member

iolo – Member

Is there a new tyre definition or is non tubeless just called a tyre?
    just a standard tyre

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Non-tubeless maxxix wetscream?’ is closed to new replies.