Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Non stealth Reveb not returning in the cold?
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Just had my 125mm non stealth reverb serviced as had stopped working completely. Have taken it out 5 times since service and both times it was down to below 5c it has totally stuck. Worked fine the other 3 times. Get it home in a warm van and it’s working fine. I can only think somehow the cold is causing this but I have another reverb I’ve never had this problem. Could this be the case or not?

scc999

Had a similar issue with mine – worked fine until it got properly cold, then was incredibly slow to extend.

I was going to give it a bleed but a simple adjustment of the return speed barrel thing sorted it for now. Will bleed it at some point but no need at the mo.

HTH

Si

Potdog
    Free Member

Had the same problem and a bleed sorted it.

tillydog
    Free Member

Does winding the ‘speed’ adjuster in sort it?

The oil volume shrinks in the cold giving less range of movement from the remote. The ‘speed’ adjuster can compensate for this.

If the speed adjuster is already at max, then bleeding the remote with the speed adjuster at min will give you the adjustment back.

Davesport

I know this is a temperature related issue you’re having, but is your seatpost clamp too tight?

skybluestu
    Free Member

I’ve not changed the seat post and it springs back into life fine as soon as its in a warmer place so don’t think it could be that.
    It’s just been bled too so should be that either.
    Will try to speed adjust thing though as don’t usually touch that. Cheers all!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Have the same, but I put it down to my fiddling with it as I swapped a lever over from another post (right instead of left). Always on riding it would slow down and stop working even at fast setting (it only worked on fast anyway). Bled literally half a dozen times and perfect in the house. Rubbish on a ride, back in the house it would recover, though not always.

However from recent research I discover I’d been putting a silver adjuster lever on a newer Reverb (with black adjusters) and SRAM’s parts list says must match old silver lever with older posts, black for newer. So do wonder if there’s an issue with the amount of hydraulic pressure the older lever can create for a newer post. Hence why it only works on fast setting anyway and with temperature difference it stops working. Maybe.

Or there’s just some other problem like the lever is faulty anyway.

tillydog
    Free Member

on riding it would slow down and stop working even at fast setting

If it didn’t come back to normal afterwards, you probably had / have a tiny oil leak on the remote hose (e.g. where it is fitted to the remote). Just a few drops of oil lost is enough to stop them working – looks like nothing more than a bit of an oily patch near the connection.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Non stealth Reveb not returning in the cold?’ is closed to new replies.