Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • NON-Smart-phone recommendations.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

Following on from the ‘what first smart-phone’ thread. I’m still not ready to take the plunge. Can anyone recommend any new non-smartphones? If there are any left that is. Last time I renewed my contract, Virgin said they only did one normal phone. And it was out of stock. They advised me to take the best smartphone, sell it on Ebay and buy whatever I wanted 🙂

I’m still rocking a Sony Ericsson C902, which tbh, is great. Decent camera is my main requirement, followed by size: small as possible. Metal/aluminium construction, and good battery life.

Thanks

GrahamS

jambourgie earlier:

jambourgie
    Free Member

😀

dannybgoode

One of these – Ericsson T28. Plenty on ebay for not a lot of money and a class phone.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I used to have one of those. Actually, I had two (both colours). One of the best looking phones ever IMO. Looking for new phones really as I’m happy with the C902 if I’m gonna have an old phone.

singletrackgrace
    Free Member

Although it doesn’t have a camera, the last three phones I’ve had have all been basic Samsungs. Would highly recommend for ease of use and cheapeness to run. (No camera, no bluetooth, no basic web access). Ace. 🙂

Disclaimer: I know that i work for Singletrack, and we’re supposed to be all about tech, so I clarify; I have an iPad which fulfils the smartphone-shaped hole in my life.

dannybgoode

Agree – if you want something modern then the Samsungs are very good. I had the E2600 and that would even hook in to an Exchange server so I could at least poll my emails but had a week long battery life.

The Nokia Asha range also have a good rep

GrahamS

i work for Singletrack, and we’re supposed to be all about tech

I’m not sure that’s the first thing people associate with Singletrack 😀

somouk
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

Go for Samsung.

I bought my Samsung GT3530 (something like that) and unlocked it for £10 to use it on Virgin. Very good. The battery charge last for more than 2 weeks easy. (total price for the phone incl unlocked = £40, £10 top up with PAYG)

I also bought a Nokia 3110 (something like that) but the battery charge does not last more than 14 days (2 weeks), which is disappointing but still better than any of the smart phone battery out there where you need to charge almost every hour. (Not unlocked total = £40, £10 top up with PAYG)

I will only use smart phone when the battery charge will last for 2 weeks or more without charging.

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘NON-Smart-phone recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.