Non Non-stick Pan….can they be recoated?

Home Forum Chat Forum Non Non-stick Pan….can they be recoated?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Non Non-stick Pan….can they be recoated?
  • daftvader

Bin and get tefal ones from Debenhams. Hth

cranberry

Bin and get Le Creuset – you won’t scratch the surface off them.

Premier Icon plumslikerocks
    Subscriber

+1 I’m afraid its a disposable society we live in. Wang it in the metal recycling so its not a total catastrophe.

Some people (not me) used cast iron frying pans seasoned with hot oil to make them non stick. Never worked for me with a griddle pad and deffo not dishwasher proof!

Dunelm Mill do some very reasonably priced but decent quality non-stick gear. Or Lakeland.

Premier Icon Rusty Mac
    Subscriber

Ha ha that picture is ace, gave me a right laugh on rough day.

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

Despite repeatedly telling Mrs D NOT to put the non-stick pans into the dishwasher, chronic abuse means they’re now coating-less. Can these be repaired? Can anyone recommend a technique/company? I hate throwing things away.

Cheers,

M.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Bin and get tefal ones from Debenhams. Hth

We have some “Jamie Oliver” Tefal which have a dishwasher-proof non-stick that has lasted pretty well for six years now.

Sadly they forgot to make the outside coating dishwasher-proof too so they look scabby as hell. 🙁

Premier Icon johnhe
    Subscriber

I always wash our non stick pans in the dishwasher, and it doesn’t seem to have done them any harm at all.

3dvgirl

wouldn’t it have been a better idea to wash them for you wife as i assume she cooks all the meals for you.

Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

I cook, Mrs D cleans.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

I’m not really aware of any kind of utensil that isn’t either rendered functionally useless or just plain ugly by being put in a dishwasher. They just destroy things. The trick is not to own one.

If its an otherwise good pan then if you stop sticking it in the washer, do a bit of fierce cooking with it and old non-stick pans start to season like an old-school skillet.

b r

Everything used for cooking goes in the dishwasher, and if it doesn’t survive it gets lobbed with a mental note not to buy another one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Non Non-stick Pan….can they be recoated?’ is closed to new replies.