Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Non-manafacturer Android upgrade
  • jimmy

I have a Sony Z5 compact which I’m quite happy with but will be unable to get work stuff on it soon because the Android version is too old.

Has anyone managed to upgrade the version of Android on their phone outside of the manufacturer’s updates? Googling this comes up with a lot of guff and dodgy sites – surely someone here knows how? Or if.

unovolo
    Free Member

Your best bet would be to flash a non stock rom such as Lineage to it, have a look on the XDA forum below for the best info.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/z5-compact/orig-development

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve used CyanogenMod a few times. Discontinued now and replaced with lineageOS. Always been good for me. As above XDAdev is the place to look

xora

Android 7.1 is not that old in Android world!

jimmy

I know, it’s fine for me but doesn’t meet work’s requirements.

Will check out XDA thanks

phil5556

Yeah have a look on XDA. Depending on the phone it will either be reasonably straightforward, a complete ballache or not possible.

woody2000

A rooted device with a non factory OS will almost certainly not please your work IT dept either I’m afraid.

Cougar

Sounds to me like work needs to be providing you with a new phone which is fit for purpose.

matt_outandabout

Try a full factory reset first – worked wonders for a few months on my old phone.
    Work needs to get you a new phone.

bear-uk
    Free Member

XDA. I just put Android 9 on my old Oneplus 2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Non-manafacturer Android upgrade’ is closed to new replies.