• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Non – jobs. The Daily Wail would seeth over this one-
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Interim Director of Transformation

It’s in the NHS (so am I, unfortunately), not Hogwarts. 🙄

Anyone with similar examples?

binners

I know someone who’s ‘Director of Freshness’ at a **** London Media Agency

Not being tax-payer funded it probably wouldn’t produce the same amount of foaming-at-the-mouth

scaled
    Free Member

I got an email from our “SVP Global Solutions Consulting” earlier

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Director of Freshness

Please, please tell me he kicks off meetings with;

I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there….

Junkyard
    Free Member

do they do this in the thought yurt?

atlaz
    Free Member

The worst part is I can probably guess what they’re doing. My feeling is they’re a short-term hire involved in “fixing” the NHS but mostly that will involve cutting costs and/or firing people.

alfabus
    Free Member

Please, please tell me he kicks off meetings with;
    > I’d like to take a minute, just sit right there….

chapeau

the-muffin-man

I know a company that has a ‘Director of Imagineering’ and ‘Director of Impossibility!

scruff
    Free Member

Our Transformation Manager also had 2 assitstants. (NHS)

jota180
    Free Member

The worst part is I can probably guess what they’re doing.

In charge of all the NHS funded sex change ops?

😀

atlaz
    Free Member

I know a certain company whose employees change so often that their business cards just say Dave’s bitch (name changed to protect the guilty)

edlong
    Free Member

I interviewed someone who, iirc, had a previous job title of “Global sales revenue transaction executive” Turns out his job was to raise invoices

toxicsoks
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

The worst part is I can probably guess what they’re doing. My feeling is they’re a short-term hire involved in “fixing” the NHS but mostly that will involve cutting costs and/or firing people.

In one, I’m afraid.

Kryton57

You’re the IDoT or the in line for the push? 😯

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    You’re the IDoT or the in line for the push?

Neither but I’ll probably suffer as a consequence of the “Transformations”.

BigJohn

I wonder how many forumites are MIS Managers (and what do they mis-manage)?

bruneep

I’ve been getting a lot of emails from those above me telling me to “signpost” this to staff that I am responsible for. I did email back asking WTF ( yes those exact words) that meant no reply as yet.

konabunny
    Free Member

Maybe they thought that if you were so dense you didnt understand what it meant or so passive-aggressive that you were pretending you didnt know what it meant that it wasn’t worth continuing to communicate with you. If on the other hand you’d M’dTFU and said you preferred it if they communicated in more plain English they might have taken that into consideration.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I know someone who works for Salford council showing sick fat idiots how to go for a walk.

This isn’t a joke, they get referred to her by their GP.

scaredypants

Presumably it’s a management consultant who doesn’t have to appear on any budget or FoI report as a management consultant

johnners
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

In one, I’m afraid.

So not actually a non-job then? Possibly an unpleasant one with a somewhat disingenuous title, but still a real job.

meehaja
    Free Member

My first pay slip had “locality media agent” on it. I was 13, and a paperboy. Seems a shame to leave that off the CV!

br
    Free Member

Sounds a job that needs someone who knows what they are doing, hopefully cutting the right costs and losing the right people.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Non – jobs. The Daily Wail would seeth over this one-’ is closed to new replies.