Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • non iOS phone – please help (its a minefield for me..)
  • scotia
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations as to what cheapo phone to try out?

me & the wife use whatsapp, the camera for photos & videos, email and light internet browsing. a few other simple apps but thats it.

im fed up with my iphone and she is low on memory on her moto3 android..

How do we understand what is good and whats not?! is every android phone updateable? like if we take one with big internal storage it’ll last longer (apps often cant be put onto the sd card etc.. if i understand right)

thanks for the help!

Kryton57

Well, I have a Moto G5s and its very good.  I was starting to look at a G6 which is pretty much the best circa £200 phone on the market because Moto had stated the G5 wouldn’t get any more OS updated.  That decision seems to have been reversed.

So I’d get a G5s for £160, or a G6 for £199 personally.  But through Amazon and you can get 64GB storage built in and both can have a card added.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Trouble with the budget end is the cameras. Our kids have Samsung j3 and j7. Nothing wrong with them as handsets and have expandable memory but the cameras are rubbish.

disco_stu
    Free Member

What problems are you having with the iPhone?

scotia
    Free Member

ok thanks for the suggestions. mine is full and i can no longer update it (a 6).. i have cut back on apps, and cut a load of photos etc to google drive and then onto my synology but still no space..

hot_fiat

you use whatsapp. have you tried turning off auto photo download (Settings>chats>Save to camera roll (uncheck)).

I did this and saved a ton of space by not saving all the junk that accompanies every conversation thread.

Del

how cheap is cheapo?

nokia 6.1 is well spec’ed and part of the google one program. i have a moto g5 i’ve been pleased with, but the g6 has a glass case ( WTF are they thinking!? ). think there’s an LG alternative, from memory. if i had to replace now the nokia would likely be top of the list.

scotia
    Free Member

ok i’ll try that, but i do keep up to date on my photos – its really full of apps – which i have already cut back on…i dont have alot!

well cheap in switzerland, so not atall cheap for uk.. looking at 300chf..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘non iOS phone – please help (its a minefield for me..)’ is closed to new replies.