• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Non Hope Pads, whats near as good as ?
  • dyna-ti

Or better, for X2 calipers.

I’ve always used Hope, because I’ve always trusted them. But times have moved on and im sure there are a number of pad makers who can be trusted and relied upon.
    I need trust in them but cant always afford Hope pads.

Ta

Poopscoop

Predictable but I really rate Race Matrix.

Tracey

+ 1 for Uberbike Race Matrix, Been using them for years.

UBER20 may still work at checkout

kimbers

Rahox better than race matrix ime – better bite & more consistent

dyna-ti

Thats great thanks all. Il know those for the future.

Anyone any opinion on swissstop ?. I know they were of the past and i think had a fair reputation ive a few M4’s and monos i wouldnt mind having running.

bigblackshed

Hope.

They work, they are reliable known entity.

tjagain

Hope – sintered last for ages, comes with new pins and clips, buy cheap buy twice

matt_outandabout

UberBike Race Matrix

+2

I’ve used them or Kevlar on all sorts of brakes. Recently I’ve discovered they are superior to Shimano for glazing and power.
    Eldest_oab has ridden a part worn set for 7 days non-stop around Morzine, Chatel and Champrey from dry dust to heavy rain. He’s commented that the others on Shimano are on second set today – his Magura’s with Race Matrix have another day or two in them.

tomhoward

The trickstuff ones I’ve used (not on Hope brakes) have been very good

dyna-ti

Yeah, thats usually my way of looking at things too. And thus far Hopes have withstood the blowlamp when cleaning (I know I probably shouldn’t) But this far down the line there must be plenty of companies as good as whomever hope uses.

tjagain

I put a non hope set in once – they were rubbish and wore out very quickly.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Race Matrix…

They are fine in dry. In wet starting to be very vocal. Also, I’m sure it is not going to be any issue for you, as it is about hydraulics, for cable operated stoppers like TRP Spyre in wet Race Matrix noticeably loose bite and power.

Anyone any opinion on swissstop ?

Very nice pads, very quiet in wet, very happy user. Also lasting very well for such a soft compound pads.

Cheers!
    I.

peatbog
    Free Member

Hope pads are made by Galfer.

davewalsh
    Free Member

On the back of this thread I bought 4 sets of uberbike race matrix. Wish I hadn’t bothered. The ones on the full suss squeal like a banshee in the wet and stink at the bottom of any descent. Rear pads on the hardtail lasted 175 miles of the British winter (sintered hope in the front going on for 800).
    Stick with hope. Buy cheap, buy twice.

coatesy
    Free Member

Aztecs seem to work pretty much the same, but aren’t that much cheaper unless you’re in the trade (especially when Madison have a special offer on, I now have enough to last me a few years).

robo89
    Free Member

Disco brakes, last long, no squeal, my mate bought a load and give me a pair that have lasted ages, just check the reviews. I’m definately gonna buy some more.

reluctantjumper

Tried a few different pads for my X2’s and E4’s over the years, yet to find anything as consistent and long lasting as the Hope sintered pads. Even taking into account the extra cost of them they’re cheaper than aftermarket ones for miles per pound spent.

CheesybeanZ

Disco sintered.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’ve been using nukeproof pads recently and have been suitably impressed.

theturl

Superstar components Kevlar pads, really good.

RicB

Bird bikes have their own pads now, made by Fibrax (I think). I’m impressed so far

Rahox are the best pads I’ve ever used but availability is hit and miss. I think the guy who does them does it as a bit of a sideline from his regular job.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Non Hope Pads, whats near as good as ?’ is closed to new replies.