Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Non farty recovery drink powder?
  • headfirst
    Free Member

After a particularly flatulent afternoon, evening and night I need to reconsider my choice of recovery drink. SIS Rego can not be consumed within my home or for 24 hours before entering my home by me, as stipulated in a very firm manner by my other half.
    Any recommendations for a good recovery drink that does not have such ballistic effects on one’s bowels please?

salad_dodger

Milk?

simondbarnes

Torq recovery

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrPottatoHead

I use the MyProtein total protein mix which seems to sit well on my stomach, having had problems with milk and other brands in past.

edit: this one

franksinatra

I drink tea

matt_outandabout

Water?

jjxray
    Free Member

I use bulk powders hydration drink while out riding and post recovery….. Has all the carbs and electrolytes you need
    Can’t say it makes me farty tho

headfirst
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I like torq stuff might give that a try.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’ve had a For Goodness Shake and a hot chocolate, plus a bit of water, since getting back from Milland Hill.

Ate some sweet grapes, then a flatbread smuthered in lemon kurd, followed by some veggie thing called Satan. 😈

My legs are still killing me 2+ hours after getting back, by far the biggest ride I’ve done in over five weeks, tomorrow’s commute and delivery might be rather sore! 😆

JAG

My understanding of this (IANAD or sports physio…)

Recovery drinks contain some carbs and a lot of protein

Undigested protein causes gas – therefore any product that has enough protein content to be called a ‘recovery’ drink may/will cause flatulence

I may be wrong but I’m told that’s PART of the reason that Gym’s stink :o)

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Look for drinks without inulin.

That is causing loads of gasses as it is improving/quickening digestion.

Sadly quite a few people do not ingest inulin too kindly.

Cheers!
    I.

lucien

As per Salad Dodgers post, milk is pretty good mix of carbs / protein and if you had something like Greek Yoghurt or Peanut Butter (powder or real) you’ll increase the protein.  If you play around with quantities you’ll get same nutriotionall values as commeicially availalle “sports” drinks with less sugar, and other s***e ingredients.

lunge

Erdinger Alcohol free.
    All the components of a proper recovery drink but tastes like beer.

rugbydick

Tailwind Rebuild is pretty good too.

damascus
    Free Member

Isn’t the problem with most of these products that your body can’t consume such high quantities and 75% is wasted which in your cases is creating gas?

Have you tried using less? For example if it states 3 scoops with water just use 1 scoop?

Mix in some bananas or something else if it tastes weak.

wildfires3

I used to get mega gas bad bloating with Maxi-muscle, switched to MyPortein and no issues.

However it depends on whether you want a recovery drink or a good carb drink to refuel?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Non farty recovery drink powder?’ is closed to new replies.