Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Non chocolate advent calendar for the wife
  • Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Apparently we are doing advent calendars this year.

She doesn’t want a regular chocolate one, previously done cheese so looking for other ideas up to around £50. She doesn’t drink, sadly.

Torn between getting revenge for the appalling favoured instant coffee one she got me last year, and the Wera one I she really wants

Premier Icon Robz

L’Occitaine do some nice ones. I think they start at about £50.

I got my wife one. She was delighted!

Premier Icon Daffy

Lego?

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Lego?

Still prefer the Wera….

Premier Icon goldfish24

How are you not just buying the wera one? If my wife asked for that I’d be over the moon.

Premier Icon deadslow

Pork Scratching Advent Calendar
    End of thread!

Premier Icon Davesport

Tennents Lager slab of 24 makes a lovely choice for the discerning lady in your life :o)

Premier Icon jon1973
    Free Member

Pork Scratching Advent Calendar

I was hoping that was going to be like the pork scratching/ peanut boards you used to get hanging up behind the bar of pubs in the 90s where every packet removed revealed a bit more of a naked lady.

Pretty sure that was a thing…maybe it was just an idea I had but never followed through. I could have been rich 😂

Premier Icon uselesshippy
    Free Member

Just buy the wera one for yourself.

Premier Icon Drac

Something special.

Premier Icon scruff9252
    Free Member

Drac

Something special.

Well you can shove that idea up yer bum! 😎

Premier Icon franksinatra

Whisky calendar. Over budget but lots of awesome

She doesn’t drink? Even better.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Damn, why did I not guess that Dracs link was best not found on my browsing history.🤦‍♂️

However, MrsMC is rather partial to pork scratchings, so I think we have a contender!

Premier Icon Drac

Well you can shove that idea up yer bum!

It is Christmas.

Premier Icon jsync

Call it sad but my wife loves a sock advent calendar.

Premier Icon mattcartlidge
    Free Member

My wife makes these – https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1103881467/personalised-christmas-countdown-advent?ref=shop_home_feat_2

She was a childminder until lockdown happened and all the parents started WFH.

Premier Icon GolfChick
    Free Member

Village wax melts a small family run business do an advent calendar with different wax melts for each day. I don’t have the advent calendar but I use them exclusively for my wax melt use at home.

Premier Icon Spin
    Free Member

I’d go for buying less shit you don’t need but that’ll be about as popular as cock flavoured lollipops.

Premier Icon TiRed

Fortnum and Masons tea Advent calendar is a staple in our family. And the tea is magnificent. It’s a pound a cup, before you ask

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/christmas-tea-lovers-advent-calendar

Premier Icon PiknMix

I was going to suggest an Angela Harding but I think they will all be sold out by now.

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

My wife has bought herself a charity giving one. I think there’s just a different “You have supported x” message behind each door. Flimsy bit of card, probably quite expensive, but seems wholesome and avoids rampant consumerism a bit.

I told her I don’t want an advent calendar (but only because the Wera one seemed a bit disappointing this year).

Premier Icon toby1

Thanks for the reminder @superficial, did that a couple of years ago and it went down very well. I’ll get one sorted for this year too.

Premier Icon chaos

My wife’s already bought herself one of the tea advent calendars and let me know where to find it so it’s a ‘surprise’ on the 1st December.  Not quite as posh as the Fortnum one though, I think it’s the Pukka tea equivalent.

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

Wera one I she really wants

I was going to suggest that one ,quite fancy it myself.

Buy her that one and accidentally buy the adjustable set for yourself.

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

cock flavoured lollipops

day three on Dracs link?

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

We have one that is wooden and has a nativity piece behind each door, and a hut on top where you build your scene day by day. The doors have plenty of space for other stuff too.

I guess my point is get a wooden one , then each year buy fillers for each day.

Heck, this is STW, so you should probably make one!!

Premier Icon richmtb

Just buy the wera one for yourself.

This is the best advice so far.

Wera advent calendars are awesome, and you will have a set of good quality useful tools you will actually use.

I can’t justify it this year though, I basically have every tool in the set already. I’d be buying it for the bottle opener.

Premier Icon JackHammer

I got the missus a Yankee Candle one. they have some for like £75 quid, but they also do one at £50 and £25. I went for the cheapest option, and I still feel like a mug. Picking it up from Boots next week.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Body shop

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

£50 on an advent calendar? We don’t spend much more than that at Christmas itself!

Premier Icon Cougar

I bought this:

https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/exit-advent-calendar/

I’m… sure she’ll be delighted.

Well, I’m sure at least one of us will.

Premier Icon Cougar

I was mightily astonished with the magnifier in that Wera set until I realised that “1 x 9500 magnifier” was just the part number.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Why not come up with 25 things for you and her to do before Christmas day?

You could home make a calendar to open, and every day has something like ‘I will make your favourite meal tonight’ or ‘Walk at our favourite place’ or ‘The gin is in the fridge’ etc etc.

Premier Icon kayak23

I bought one for the dog the other day from Lidl.
    It has meat treats behind each door.
    Does she like meat?

Premier Icon Cougar

Why not come up with 25 things for you and her to do before Christmas day?

I think Drac already had that covered.

Premier Icon jp-t853

I have a cheap felt calendar with pockets in.
    Each pocket has a little card inside with a personal insult from my wife and daughter. It makes me smile 🙂

Premier Icon Cougar

I tried having my cheap pockets felt, but I ended up back at Drac’s link again.

Premier Icon spannermonkey

Can recommend the Bird & Blend Tea one, got it for the girlfriend this year and she was delighted 🙂

Tea Advent Calendar

Can be had with/without caffeine

Premier Icon doris5000
    Free Member

I feel like £50 advent calendars are one of these consumer things that have quietly taken over the UK in recent years, like Black Friday. I hadn’t noticed, and suddenly everyone seems to be in on it except me!

Luckily for me, MrsDoris particularly loves those 1970s style calendars that don’t have ‘gifts’, but are covered in glitter and have shonky pictures behind the doors

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

I think Drac already had that covered.

I am not clicking on that link….neither will the OP’s wife I would guess… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.