Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Non-cable phone, TV, broadband: eh?
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

We're going to move house next month and we're moving out of NTL/Virgin cable TV/broadband/phone etc.

And I don't understand a damned thing.
    Okay, the phoneline. Which I have to pay BT £12 a month for, right? And then there are phone providers who require you to pay them a monthly charge on top of that? What's the point?

Broadband, okay, simple enough, comes down . I pay whoever gives me the fastest, most reliable connection with the highest d/l cap for the least price.

TV… There's a Freesat dish installed but we won't get the kids' favourite cartoons so basically we have to get Sky installed and that'll mean a new dish, box etc. Their site mentions a free box but not a dish and only talks about connecting the box to a landline.

WTF. I'm confused. Virgin is a bit ropey but at least it was simple.

ton

the freesat dish is ok for skt too, it is on the same satellite.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Basicaly if you are going to get sky for the dish I would use there broadband as well. This will be supplied through a BT exchange and will be as good as what BT has to offer.

I think.?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Hmm, i'll probably end up with their phone as well and get free box and 'standard installation'

…uhh, hang on, do they do bbc, itv etc?

ton

mate, have you been living in a cave.

sky are the god's of media………… 🙄 😉

Cougar

Broadband,

Go to http://www.samknows.com, plumb in your postcode, it'll give you a list of LLU providers at your exchange. Pick one of those (or post a list and I'll recommend one).

If you're getting Sky TV and they're on that list ^^ then go with Sky.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

mate, have you been living in a cave.

Lol. yeah, i suddenly realised that ten years of TV developments had passed me by whilst i was in Ntlworld.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Go to http://www.samknows.com, plumb in your postcode, it'll give you a list of LLU providers at your exchange. Pick one of those (or post a list and I'll recommend one).

According to that we have no SDSL or LLU and 'Your exchange should have ADSL2+ services installed by the 31st o March 2010'. THe list it offers only has BT, Plusnet and Eclipse. Doh!

ton

you can also get broadband via satellite

beyond dsl

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

ouch! That satellite broadband's pricey.

Cougar

According to that we have no SDSL or LLU

Ugh. In that case, whatever you buy is going to be BT Wholesale resold. Only recommendation I can offer there is Zen Internet, they were the last non-LLU provider I had and they were faultless, but it's been a couple of years since I left.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Non-cable phone, TV, broadband: eh?’ is closed to new replies.