Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Non-boost Plus-compatible hardtail frames, hardcore hardtailey
  • Northwind

OK so I went N-1 and I meant it, but now I have a set of plus wheels and tyres and some forks and basically about 90% of another bike just sitting about, and I got to wondering what would work with them…

Obviously the smart thing, if you want a B+ hardtail, is to buy one but that means boost, and a) boost can **** off and b) the plus wheels I have aren’t boost, because they’re for my non-boost full suss first and foremost.

Soooo. What is there out there that’s not madly expensive, can take a 2.8 schwalbe rear as a minimum, ideally 3.0 (with 1x), works as a 29er, and is for… 120-140mm fork let’s say, and 31.6 so I can fit my droppers in it. I’d like decently long, slack and reachy too.

Ragley Bigwig comes to mind- not really as long as I’d like and pretty hefty but I enjoyed it as a 29er. But what else is there? So I can add it all to me ebay search list and get annoyed when nobody ever has any to sell

treklee
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 bigwig you can have for 100£ + postage. Email in profile for pictures

😉

swanny853

Is the new sherpa boost?

Solaris was my first thought but isn’t quite there. You should buy it though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swanny853

Genesis longitude or tarn may get close ish?

swanny853

Kinesis phase? Swing and a miss, it’s boost.

Ditto Saracen Zen

Just flick through the b+ conversions thread?

fin25
    Free Member

The new karate monkey looks like it might do.

Edit.

Bum, 30.9 seatpost

Northwind

@treklee, do you know how it does for big stupid tyres?

swanny853 – Member

Just flick through the b+ conversions thread?

That… that’s depressingly obvious, now you say it. Cheers! I will do that, great suggestion.

Genesis look to have some real contenders, their range is pretty confusing to me but I’ll try and get into it. I’m a Cotic and posh steel fanboi from way back but I dunno, the Solaris has never done it for me for some reason, and it’s 2.8 only.

oooooh sherpa.

swanny853

the Solaris has never done it for me

But, but…

swanny853

Thats a possibility, even swapping between boost and non boost frames- I’ve seen a hightower run with 29er wheels, a boostinator and no re-dishing. Plus tyres may be a tighter fit though

stevomcd
    Free Member

New P7? Definitely not boost, not sure on max tyre size.

metalheart
    Free Member

New Sherpa comes with 142 bolt through as standard but 135 and s/s are given as options.

Clearance is stated for 3″ tyres.

Hopefully I’ll be able to confirm this later this week…

Problem is non-boost forks and tyre clearance. Pics on the other thread…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

boost can **** off…

😆

On a serious note, it’s worth looking at the Lindarets Boostinators (http://www.lindarets.com/boostinator/). Using a set on my Hopes with no problems at all, and it future-proofs the frame to some degree.

Bigmantrials

Pipedream are working on a new hardtail:

Pipedream Sirius

I am currently torn between this and a Shan GT, Geometry figures will be realeased for the Sirius soon apparently.

mark_rich
    Free Member

How about the new Shan GT.
    Possibly the best looking HT ever???
    29er/650b+
    Boost but Lindarets would sort that.

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

2017 Kona Unit, I guess it will be available as frame only.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Possibly the best looking HT ever???

hmmm, not sure about that!

honourablegeorge

Last Fast Forward is exactly what you want, and it’s a brilliant bike, but I’m guessing you’ll rule it out because you’d have to redish the wheel 🙂

Northwind

Boostinator would either need a redish every time I move the wheels, or enough tyre clearance to run the wheeloffcentre, which probably isn’t going to work out with a big tyre. Definitely not in the remedy, I’m taking the piss there with a 3.0 anyway, it fits in much the same way as I fit in my old jeans 😆

What is that, Mashiehood? Apart from, obviously too expensive for me. Lovely though!

mashiehood
    Free Member

North wind – it’s an Open One+

Northwind

Cor. I mean, nope, but still, cor.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Non-boost Plus-compatible hardtail frames, hardcore hardtailey’ is closed to new replies.