Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Non boost cranks on boost frame
  • thegman67

I am getting a new Mega frame under warranty but its boost. Is their any way I can run my 32 teeth chain ring on a four bolt Raceface crank set. Someone said if I add more spacers to the driveside it will work

scotroutes

Might work. It will depend on the shape of your chainstay and clearance between that and your 32T ring.

djflexure

Try it will probably be fine with no adjustments

plus-one

I had same dilemma the boost frame arrived and the chainring cleared I was well chuffed 🙂 Didn’t last long as on turning the cranks the arms were touching the stays 🙁

Most are ok though try it and see.

brant
    Free Member

plus one – that’s odd as boost specifically only changes the position of the chainring. The arms are not a wider specification.

martinhutch

It’s worth a try. I’m currently running one on a boost frame with no adjustments. No issues with chainline or clearance.

superstu
    Free Member

My slx non boost works fine on my boost frame. I also think that raceface you can buy a different chainring but keep the cranks to swap between boost/non boost?

johnw1984
    Free Member

My Hightower came with a non-boost chainset from the shop so I’d try it first and see.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

if the ring clears the chainstay, then a non-boost ring/crank gives a slightly better chainline than the boost version (on a boost frame).

thegman67

Thanks for the advice guys

darrenspink
    Free Member

My mega 2018 carbon has non boost slx on with a 34t. Had to cut a tiny bit off the chain stay protector for it to fit, 32t should be fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Non boost cranks on boost frame’ is closed to new replies.