Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • non alcohloic drinks in bars and pubs.
  • juiced
    Free Member

Driving and get bored of coke / orange juice / lemonade.

Any other options?

cheers

alwyn
    Free Member

Tonic water and lime.

uplink
    Free Member

don't they still have that vile tasting lager stuff?

get a taxi?

GJP
    Free Member

Lime and soda for me.

juiced
    Free Member

cheers.

uplink
    Free Member

Tomato juice with Worcestershire sauce & tabasco is quite nice

IA

combine the two? Orange juice (fresh) and lemonade is good.

Lime and soda also classic. Or blackcurrant and soda, depending on tastes.

Edric64
    Free Member

Fosters it taste rubbish it can't be alcoholic

juiced
    Free Member

ta everyone

vinnyeh

lemonade, lime and bitters.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ginger beer and lime

Fresh orange and bitter lemon

xherbivorex
    Free Member

fentiman's ginger beer/cola (like melted cola bottles rather than coca cola!)/dandelion and burdock. all good.
    or if you're lucky, erdinger alkoholfrei wheatbeer (or schneider and maisel's do alkoholfrei versions too). much better than kaliber or beck's alcohol free or cobra zero. alcohol free lager seems to generally be really nasty, with the exception of krombacher.

nickc

+ 1 for tomato juice, nice and good for you

juiced
    Free Member

ta. think i'll need a shopping list .

Tinners

I quite like Beck's non alcoholic, although there is a bit of an aftertaste (tastes way better when cold enough to bead on the side of the glass though). My favourite, though not alcohol free is the Stella low alcohol (I think 0.5%) but, again, has to be really cold.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Soda and lime…love it!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Grapefruit juice and soda is my top non alcoholic drink of choice when out in a pub and driving, also great in the summer

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Tinners – Member

I quite like Beck's non alcoholic, although there is a bit of an aftertaste (tastes way better when cold enough to bead on the side of the glass though). My favourite, though not alcohol free is the Stella low alcohol (I think 0.5%) but, again, has to be really cold.

most stuff described as "alcohol free" has anything up to 0.5% alcohol in it. i think that only cobra zero has none whatsoever out of those that i mentioned earlier.

neninja
    Free Member

J20 fruit drinks

Brainflex

grapefruit juice and lemonade

juiced
    Free Member

Wow

nbt

blackcurrant and soda is my tipple of choice when driving

singletrackmind

J2O Orange and Passion fruit, ice and a slice topped up with lemonade. Very nice indeed

SuperScale20
    Free Member

I'm teetotal I usually try mixing fruit juices ie pineapple and cranberry sometime with soda usually without though. Depends what the venues like but if good will have loads of choices.

coogan
    Free Member

Black Sambuca.

kennyp
    Free Member

Going home and getting sloshed there maybe?

TomB

Mix half and half Ginger beer and ginger ale and add a splash of angustura (sp?) bitters. Yum

MrNutt
    Free Member

+2 blackcurrant and soda

bruk

Went to a mexican restaurant recently and their Mocktails were fantastic. Particularly good was the Ginger Virgin Mojito!

Only really any good if you eat out or frequent fancy pubs I guess though.

Drinks menu

trail_rat
    Free Member

lime and soda here because it riles me that anything else is as expensive or more expensive than drinking !

although i was out last weekend at a pub i used to work at = me no payey 😀

Curly68
    Free Member

Lime and soda with a dash of orange juice. J2O with lemonade, works with any flavours!

beej

Lots of the above, lime and soda for drinking volume (cheap), ginger beer for a kick, tomato juice + toppings (when I'm feeling sophisticated), fruity things (when I'm not).

CaptJon
    Free Member

+ 1 for erdinger alkoholfrei wheatbeer. Kopparberg do a nice no-alcohol pear cider. Shame i've never found a pub which sells either of them.

juan
    Free Member

summer breeze cranberrie and orange juice
    lime and soda +1
    jet2o taste yeurkkkkkkkkk
    I once had a kiwi orange and pineapple juice yummm

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Somewhat surprised to see that Kaliber is still on the go. I drank it occasionally years ago and it was the worst of both world's – tasted like squirrel's p**h and left you with a hell of a head the next morning. Dread to think what's in it.

Dinger
    Free Member

cup of tea

xherbivorex
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member

+ 1 for erdinger alkoholfrei wheatbeer. Kopparberg do a nice no-alcohol pear cider. Shame i've never found a pub which sells either of them.

there's a few bars in manchester that i know of that sell both of those. the kopparberg is nice, but it's extremely sweet- i find that peartiser is much nicer (it's just carbonated pear juice, no added sweeteners).

also, today i had grape and kiwi flavour j2o and that was pretty spectacular.

toys19
    Free Member

Ok not totally non alcoholic but you can have a couple: ginger beer and half a bitter called a ginger beer shandy (careful what you ask for though as many numpties will give you ginger beer and lemonade if you ask for a ginger beer shandy.)

skidartist
    Free Member

Theres something in pub blackcurrent juice that makes me go mental. Blackcurrent and soda used to be my drink of choice if I was driving but it made me hyperactive. I didn't cotton on straight away so for a while I'd be spending nights getting increasingly fidgety and bored, finishing my drink too quickly, buying more and spending more of the night either queuing at the bar or at the urinal than sat down talking to my gently drunk friends. Buy the end of the night I'd be a jangling wreak, and under the impression that I was now having a great time, I'd then irritate the hell out of everyone while I drove them home.

Macavity
    Free Member

Buckfast, its what the discerning pub goer can be found guzzling.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘non alcohloic drinks in bars and pubs.’ is closed to new replies.