Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Nomad + RP23 + BETD 'strong' shock bushes kit – what size?
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Got an ali Nomad, aprox 2010/11 model and rear bushing on the RP23 shock is worn and as per many suggestions I’m looking at getting the more durable Hula hoop stuff from BETD.

The DU bushing bit I can get without problem, but the top hats on the RP23 are very loose and I wonder if I should get them replaced too, or at least may be best to get the “better” mount stuff for long term durability whilst I’m doing the bush. In which case the Strong Bushes from BETD seems to be the thing to get.

Problem is, I’m not sure on the size for the Nomad. Santa Cruz FAQ says 22mm length and 8mm bolt. But BETD offers 22mm length and 8.1mm bolt size. They also have an option that says 3/8″ for Blur only, yet I’ve seen a number of forum posts for Nomad that says 3/8″ is what you need. Older Nomads?

To confuse matters further, tftuned do something similar but their size guide where you pick the bike model says 3/8″ for the Nomad. Doesn’t break the Nomad down into particular models or years. http://www.tftunedshox.com/MountKitGuide.aspx

Confused.

bigyinn
    Free Member

BETD are nice people, call them or e-mail and they’ll give you the right answer.
    FWIW their strong bushings + hula hoop bushes are very good and certainly dont seem to wear out at the same rate as the DU ones with tophot bushes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Nomad + RP23 + BETD 'strong' shock bushes kit – what size?’ is closed to new replies.