Nokia GPS phone. Any good for ride logging

Home Forum Bike Forum Nokia GPS phone. Any good for ride logging

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nokia GPS phone. Any good for ride logging
  • Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

I'm thinking of a new phone after going walking in water with the old one (the wather was deeper than I am tall)

Most features don't attract me that much. But the Nokia C5 (£100 PAYG)(and others) has Sat Nav and GPS. There appear to be free apps that would log rides, average speed, height gained etc, upload route onto google Earth etc. I fancy this

Does all this stuff work in the real world or it it just frustrating and laim?

PS I'm sure Android would do it better but I'm not reall interested in spending more on phone. I could be tempted by a used HTC magic though I suppose

rs

I just changed my nokia for android and while the android phone is better, the GPS performance isn't really any different, look up endomondo or sportstracker, both work well.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

new sportstracker is just released, the one thing I am really missing as I lost my nokia e75 down a glacier. Wish I'd turned on live tracking

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber

Sportstracker is very good.

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

use trekbuddy, it's free and work very well

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

I've got at 5800 and the GPS is good but it does drink battery juice.

DickBarton

I'm finding http://www.mapmytracks.com is better than Sporttracker – although I tried uploading the .gpx files from my phone to Sportracker and they didn't plot the mapping which made them pretty pointless…

MapMyTracks seems to work as well as the the rest and I quite like the web interface…

Andy W

I have used sports-tracker for over 3700 miles on my Nokia 5800 and it works very well….would be nice to load routes onto it and follow but it cost nothing to download and use so thats no big deal.

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

cheers guys good

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nokia GPS phone. Any good for ride logging’ is closed to new replies.