Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nokia 710 Windows phone – nupty Q about texting
  • iainc

Ok, new phone, same number and network (vodaphone) – won’t send or recieve pictures in texts – says ‘can’t send ; media content in this message’ – have been through setting but nowt obvious. message centre number same as others at work who can do pics (all on company phones). Picsa worked fine on old phone.

any ideas ?
    ta

bigdaddy

I have the same phone and the same problem (on T-mobile) – I’m also very interested in the answer to this. Can’t help you tho!

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Have you checked with your provider to make sure you have the correct APN settings? No issues with a Lumia 800 on orange here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sidney
    Free Member

I had same problem. I’m on Virgin network with a Vodafone unlocked phone.

Have you got a proper micro sim, i.e. not a normal sim cut down to size? If not then you need one of those. The picture message settings are stored on a micro sim, unlike in normal sims where it is a phone setting. Also helps if software is up to date.

If you do have one you could try sending a picture message to yourself.

This is what worked for me: go into the app “Network Settings”. On the network selector switch back and forth between networks (say to orange, then back to vodafone) 3 or 4 times. Then try sending yourself a picture sms which will confirm whether it has worked or not. If you haven’t got the network settings app you’ll need to download it from the marketplace.

Good luck!

Si

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Oh and is your data Connection on? MMS needs 3g it can’t use Wifi.

Cougar

You may need your provider to enable MMS. Give them a call?

iainc

sorted 😀

many thanksfor the ideas. it was in the network settings – the new micro SIM had defaulted to ‘vodaphone prepaid’ , rather than ‘vdaphone UK’ – switched it to UKand all fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nokia 710 Windows phone – nupty Q about texting’ is closed to new replies.