Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Noisy SRAM Code RSC
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anyone found any pads that are quiet in this awful weather?!

my original sram pads lasted ages but were noisy, tried some uberbike sintered and they are even noisier!

any suggestions? back to organic for quietness?

DickBarton

Rotor definitely centred?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yep all lined up cleaned and torqued

No vibration or rubbing

Just loud honking noises

dropoff

Best I’ve found so far are the new blue (ebike) pads from Uberbike

k1ngjas
    Free Member

I thought it was just me that had vocal brakes. I’ll look those ebike pads up. Thanks for the tip dropoff

DickBarton

Bike outside vehicle being transported? Could be the road grime coating the rotor. I had this on 2 bikes that had been transported on a rear rack.

Couple of sharp pulls helped but didn’t resolve it.

Good wash seems to have though.

joebristol

So far my standard (sintered) sram pads seem to be doing ok in Code R’s and guide RE’s. Both using Centerline discs.

I’ve had success with uberbike race matrix in standard Guides and have some of those blue e matrix (or whatever they’re called) pads lined up for the codes when the standard pads wear out.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the uber pads are the noisiest of the lot so far

I might just get some brand new sram sintered and start again with a full clean etc

bike never transported outside on vehicle so not that, and all lined up etc and no rubbing

nickc

Aye, got some white pads from Uberbike and they are about G flat by my ear when they get a bit of muck on them. I seem to remember the original SRAM organic pads were pretty noisy as well. Rear for me is worst. Might give the e-bike versions a go next.

Gotama
    Free Member

Isn’t it the rotor that causes the noise, hence why other brakes are better as they have an alloy carrier.

I’ve heard very good things about the Trickstuff pads but can’t comment on noise levels.

oikeith

I ran the stock sintered pads in my code RSC’s till they wore out, was put off when they cost £30 a pair to repalce, so instead I picked up 4 pairs of Uber E Race Matrix for nearly the same price and have not had any noise issues yet.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive managed get some genuine sram ones on ebay cheap brand new so ill try them first again, will give everything a good clean first too….I don’tmind paying top whack for pads if the noise is resolved as the sram sintered last ages too….

if this fails im just going to run organic all year round and buy in bulk for when they run out, as im 99% sure they’ll be pretty much silent even in the wet

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve run Uberbike Semi-metallic and Race Matrix on SRAM Guide, Hope E4, Hope V4, Shimano XT. Never had noise issues with them.

Sintered are always going to be noisy though, but overly noisy is likely to be contamination.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Noisy SRAM Code RSC’ is closed to new replies.