Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Noisy pub
  • RustyNissanPrairie

FFS “my girl” followed by “love is a rollercoaster” being sung loud enough that we can clearly hear in our living room @ 22:30 with the windows closed. Previous tattoo’d Manchester cokehead gangster was bad for noise and not giving a **** about abiding about his strict licence conditions on the building but the new tennant has run another local pub for 16years and has/had a good reputation so I was hopeful.

My patience has been eroded to the point that I hope the energy crisis breaks this pub and the buildings owners and it ends up as housing. Pissed off and going to bed with ear plugs.

ElShalimo

Phone Council noise abatement

To be fair 10:30 isn’t late

TheBrick
    Free Member

Noise is horrible. I feel your pain.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Bet the pub was there long before you moved in ?
    NIMBY

bigginge

Was the pub there when you moved in?

bigginge

Jinx

pondo

Sucks ass – sympathies. 🙁

uselesshippy
    Free Member

If the pub was turned into flats, you’d just complain about the construction noise and mess, and then the parking.

Cougar

Noise restrictions are between (IIRC) 11 and 7 and you live near a pub. 🤷‍♂️

I too live near a pub and there’s some rampant bellendery at night when the punters start drinking at lunchtime. It’s annoying and frustrating but… well, I bought a house near a pub.

RustyNissanPrairie

unfitgeezer
    Free Member
    Bet the pub was there long before you moved in ?

Yep along with factories with belching chimneys tipping shit into the river and a child sweeping our chimneys. Things have moved on.

Plus the pub has conditions including no open windows/doors when live music being played. From the noise levels I know the doors are open. I’ve had 12months of out of hours teams and talking with licencing about the previous ****. I’m going to have to start again no doubt as the new guy no doubt fully aware of his licensing conditions for a pub surrounded by residential clearly doesn’t give a shit about his neighbours. Coupled with the buildings owner who can’t be arsed installing air con so the conditions could be complied with.

RustyNissanPrairie

If the pub was turned into flats, you’d just complain about the construction noise and mess, and then the parking.

it would be **** bliss after a year of Thursday night pissed karaoke and Friday& Saturday local entertainers, plus constant shrieking and fights in the recently expanded beer garden with a complete lack of communication from the ****. The original tennants were fine and would close the doors and windows if you rang them.
    Thanks for the support though.

Drac

Imagine my pain when I’m on nights and school kids are screaming on during the day in the school playground. Oh wait! I bought a house next to school so I knew that would happen. The school has closed now though but have to put up with the noise of some parts being demonised and others being renovated into an adult learning centre.

You moved next to a pub you can’t compare that to child labour.

Poopscoop

Got to admit I do sympathise op. Unless you’ve had a noisy neighbour (this pub is the same thing) it’s hard to get your head around how utterly invasive it can become.

I hope you get it resolved Rusty.👍

towpathman

Just because the pub exists, doesn’t mean they can do exactly as they please – at least not in a civilised society.

Good luck getting it sorted OP

RustyNissanPrairie

The licensing restrictions on the building include no open windows/doors, I’m pissed off the new tennant isn’t thinking “**** me I could have my licence revoked because I took a pub on surrounded by residential with lots of restrictions”

he’s thinking “ooh it’s warm in here- I’ll open doors, bollocjs to my neighbours”
    “I’ll wait till licencing get round to making me close them”

RustyNissanPrairie

“up town funk you up”

jonnyboi

To be fair some people aren’t bothered by noise pollution, but for others it is hugely invasive and stressful. We unwittingly bought a house that had paper thin walls and suffered a divorcee playing Celine Dion on loop whilst ploughing through every man on ‘plenty of fish’ for a few years when we were on the bottom rung of the housing ladder. it was not a good time to be a young parent.

Cougar

The licensing restrictions on the building include no open windows/doors,

In which case, fair enough.

Good luck.

ElShalimo

Did you send in Bert?

We used to live 100m from a rough pub in Leeds. It’s never pleasant

revs1972
    Free Member

The licensing restrictions on the building include no open windows/doors

Yeah, but “heat wave / Covid prevention” will probably be the excuse.

We had a noisy neighbour at our last place. Liked to play his guitar at high volume at the most insane hours of the night, despite agreeing not to when politely asked. Another neighbour was a little less polite, which resulted in no more guitar thank god.

seriousrikk

Earlier in the year a pub near me reopened with a new landlord and he’s doing a cracking job. But he made the mistake of thinking that everyone in the area would be supportive of live music in their outdoor marquee in the evenings. Naturally amped music in a tent two days a week was a bit much for some local residents and a couple went to have a chat with him. They were boo’d and jeered at by the patrons in the pub and generally received abuse in the following days. For daring to ask for some consideration to the surrounding area.

To be fair the landlord did make some changes but it was still bloody loud at times – as in needing to shut a window three streets away to hear my tv over it loud on one occasion.

No surprise after that occasion that the council were in touch with the pub 3 days later following a complaint (not from me btw!). The pubs Facebook page was a hot toxic mess of abuse towards the ‘fun sponges’ who dared infringe on their right to make loads of noise. The people who originally complained to the landlord also got a load more abuse, even though they didn’t contact the council.

So if he’s in breach of license conditions go straight to the council. If you have a word and someone else does, you just risk getting loads of undue crud from the patrons anyway. And frankly the licence conditions are there for a reason and it’s not your job to enforce them.

onehundredthidiot

We lived near a pub that had some eedjits come throwing out time. Sunny holiday weekends were the worst. They had a “rock on the roof” day which was ok as the punters started early and usually were away by 9pm.
    It’s now shut and been on the market for 3 years, I fully expect a complaint in the local paper about kids playing in it (they don’t) followed by a fire.

binners

Have you not thought ‘if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em?

Why not pop in on karaoke night, have a few blue WKD’s and give them your rousing rendition of Whitney’s ‘I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU! Before bursting into tears?

jambourgie
    Free Member

What you need to do is to go back to school and gain more qualifications in order to earn more, or alternatively, marry into money. This way you’ll be able to live on a private island or on a secluded rural estate rather than having to move next to an inner city pub and then complain when the sound of people enjoying life highlights the poor decisions you’ve made in yours.

Half ten. Is this a wind up?

the-muffin-man

Don’t worry the windows will be sealed shut sharpish as soon as it get a bit cold!

binners

roach

Move

seriousrikk

So here’s a question for the folks deriding OP for having the audacity to be unhappy about his situation.

Why do licensing conditions exist if it’s seemingly acceptable for pubs to just ignore them?

Move

Sadly the only long term solution to your situation. The one constant in life is people will be dicks – more so when there is alcohol involved. I think in OPs situation – particularly the second time around – that would be my choice.

roach

Life’s too short to be unhappy where you live

the-muffin-man

I lived opposite a pub for seven years. It was a pub in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a dozen houses at most. But it was notorious for it’s lock-ins and most drinkers didn’t show up till 10.30 and rolled out between 1 and 2am to drive home drunk (this was 25+ years ago).

We knew this when we moved in as my uncle used to drink in the pub. We got used to it, but eventually got tired of it and moved.

We moved again this year – 100yds away from a pub, a church with ringing bells and a primary school.

Don’t like pubs? Don’t live near one then. Even the quiet ones cause problems with parking, functions, the occasional bust-up.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

The one constant in life is people will be dicks – more so when there is alcohol involved.

This, sadly. Instant arsehole. Just add alcohol.

I hope you get the situation resolved, OP.

poolman
    Free Member

I used to live 2 doors away from a pub, neighbourhood local with good beer, nice garden and super friendly landlord. I really liked it, used to call in for a beer, admire the hanging baskets. Suppose if they had live music would have been different.

RustyNissanPrairie

Half ten. Is this a wind up?

Is when it started. It finished at 12:30

Plenty of ‘dont move next to a pub’ bingo as expected. Anyway I had my rant, no doubt I’ll have another tonight.

Cougar

Is when it started. It finished at 12:30

To be fair, that wasn’t clear either. That’s pants.

give them your rousing rendition of Whitney’s

What’s Whitney Houston’s favourite form of coordination?

“HAND EEEYYYYYYYEEEE…..!”

Drac

I grew up near a flat roof pub. It was a pretty good pub and yes you got loud music and noisy punters. But we lived next to s pub.

bigyan
    Free Member

You have my sympathy, we lived near to a pub for a year, and every Fri/Sat night was noisy. Not a great area so there was always screaming matches and fights in the street, plus the usual drunken pub noises.

Personally if its an option I would move.

mert
    Free Member

I didn’t live next to a pub.

Then they put in planning to change the little 2 shop plus restaurant/takeaway unit that had been empty on and off for ~10 years, into an “eatery with bar”.

Yeah, you guessed it readers, it essentially became a pub within a couple of months of reopening, in breach of licence and i think planning conditions.

Police round there 3 or 4 nights a week (because the owner wasn’t really cut out to be a landlord, or run a pub, it just kept the money coming in.)

I moved not long after, about a month after the police had essentially a pitched battle on the street with a load of drunk teenagers who’d been kicked out of the pub.

It appears to still be there.

mrchrist

This reminds me of the thread where the chap wanted the CEO of CRCs contact details so he could sort out his order not having arrived before CRC said it would…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m sympathetic to the OP, I hate crap like that.
    ‘If’ the pub was like that before OP moved in then maybe tough for not doing some research, but if it’s changed since he moved in then fair play.
    I’d be livid either way, & at my great age & absolute intolerance levels…..the windows would’ve been out by now.

RustyNissanPrairie

Update – I messaged the tennant this morning whose reply wasn’t quite conciliatory but the noise levels are down to acceptable levels and the doors are closed.
    The bombers have been put away for now…..

If’ the pub was like that before OP moved in then maybe tough for not doing some research, but if it’s changed since he moved in then fair play.

known our “house” for 25+ years as owned by a good friend and we rented it for a few years. Bought it 4years ago – relationship with pub always fine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.